1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tube-less Wheels

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by SuddenBraking, Dec 25, 2019.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

So my fatass busted a tube on "my kid's" TTR 50 today taking a jump fairly aggressively :crackup:(got some pretty serious air FWIW) - what tubeless wheels are available? I fucking hate tubes.

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

DIY with silicone and duct tape. Lots of videos and how-to write ups. Or you can look for mini moto mag wheels, but I don't know if I've ever seen 10" mags, and I don't know if 12" mags would fit. Plus you have drum brakes and most mini moto wheels are disc.

UHD or HD tubes and lots of tire lube to keep them from pinching? Or don't jump the 50...

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what's considered serious air on a TTR50?? And no spokes were broken??

4. SuddenBraking

I was drunk so didn't investigate too much regarding the spokes, and the serious air felt like 10 feet but was more likely ten inches. My lower back hurts like a motherfucker this morning :D

pscook and TurboBlew like this.
  5. SuddenBraking

What 10" street tires are recommended? Figure I might as well get the knobbies off at this point since I'm taking the wheel off.

6. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

If I remember correctly you live close to me bring the wheel over.... I recently did the same thing on my sons 50 and after 3 punched tubes later I’ve become quite the pro with tire irons lol

I think the PMTs are the tire to have if I’m not mistaken.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  7. SuddenBraking

Thanks for the tip - not sure my girls are going to get value from the PMTs right now but certainly something to think about in the future (really I just don't want to wait for them to get delivered to get the wheel back on).

Appreciate the offer about the irons - I've got a NoMar if you ever need to use it.