1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Heritage Cup

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by KMC, Dec 23, 2019.

1. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

ducnut and JBall like this.
  2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Hell yeah!!!

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just saw that on MA's Instagram. I guess that could be cool. Maybe if some the SBK guys aren't able to find rides they can compete in this class on bikes that were made before they were born :D

4. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Damn, if i only knew someone who had the insight to build two 86 GSXR 750's. Barber 2019.jpg backup gsxr.jpg

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that. A lot of young guys having a blast on the classics, over in Australia. Pridmore, Zemke, Hayes, Colin, and others have ridden bikes in the class.

Motofun352 likes this.
  6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

What would be really nice is if all these so called vintage organizations could all get on same page as far as rules so that maybe us racers could actually race these vintage races with bikes we already have.
    Cause people are not going to spend big money building bikes that you cant get parts for just for the sake of doing it.
    Hell the V7MW class is by far the cheapest class to build a bike for and look how many are on grid.

Steven

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Always nice, but sounds strikingly similar to the WERA / Raven / Barber Event......hmmmmm:)

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Why 1986 cutoff? Gawd-d@mmed FZR haters! Aside from that mistake:D,it sounds awesome and I hope some of you guys do it.

10. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

AHRMA has a PI class for superbikes and "F-1" types.

ducnut likes this.
  11. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

The PI / International Challenge bikes are F1 & TT bikes with 1985 cut off. Period 6 bikes are 750 Superbikes with 1990 cut off. The rules for these classes seem to be constant world wide.
    Denis Curtis of CMR has made over 40 new TT chassis to datefor multiple make engines. Competetive bikes can be assembled from salvage yard and ebay parts. These bikes are very fast without special factory parts.

ducnut likes this.
  12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

So are you building a bike for one of the classes?

Steven

13. cyclocrossfool

a few years ago - uscra.vrra and ahrma had the”can-am”

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

I would go race my Ducati TT if they offer
    Closer tracks.... Many next year AMA could expand to Southern tracks ....

15. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

I have Spondon TZ750 that we race in AHRMA and PI. I just bought a FZ750 for Superbike. I have a CMR chassis I'm building for a friend

VFR#52, cyclocrossfool and ducnut like this.
  16. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

What I'm curious about is how much dose it cost to build one of these bikes?

Steven

17. cyclocrossfool

[​IMG]

JCW and VFR#52 like this.
  18. cyclocrossfool

same frame, took this pic 86-87[​IMG]

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

OH Yeah! Bring some of the PI bikes back to the USA. I have an '85 FJ...wonder how that would do? All I need is about 30 grand of improvements and a good rider.....

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. cyclocrossfool

30k +/-. ive heard of some being 60k? don't know how true that is. I paid less then 10 for the framekit/tank/ running gear etc. my engine was free and I kept it at 750cc. for Period 3 and 4 , lightweight-middleweight classes.[​IMG]

VFR#52 likes this.