1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nolan/Xlite helmets

Discussion in 'General' started by prospected, Dec 19, 2019.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Gents, it looks like Nolan/Xlite has finally released their full on WSBK/GP replicas to the public and the helmets look pretty badass. Anyone have any experience with the brand? Quality control, paint, interior, customer service? The Davies & Rins links attached...

X-LITE X-803 RS ULTRA CARBON 23 DAVIES CARBON BLACK PINK BLUE RED FULL FACE HELMET - ChromeBurner
    https://www.chromeburner.com/x-lite...s-carbon-black-pink-blue-red-full-face-helmet

NOLAN X-803 RS ULTRA CARBON 22 RINS CARBON BLACK WHITE RED BLUE FULL FACE HELMET - ChromeBurner
    https://www.chromeburner.com/nolan-...-carbon-black-white-red-blue-full-face-helmet

Newyork likes this.
  2. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Love these! I been eyeing the X-Lites for a while now and will get one of these or a Shark for my next lid...sorry I don’t have anything to add other than that looking forward to reading replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I have an 802 carbon fibre. Unbelievably light. Fit is a little tighter than most mediums but that worked great for me. My helmets were always snug but I'd get buffeting at high speed. I came off Bell Stars when bouncing Arais off the pavement got too expensive. The X-Lite is nicer than the Stars and definitely equal to my old Corsair V.

4. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

That Rins helmet looks like a re-done Stoner helmet.

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I've had a X-802 and now a X-803 Ultra Carbon (WSBK edition). Best helmets I've ever had (and I had Arais and Shoeis). Very lightweight, paint is excellent and interior lasted a long time on my X-802. The new ones with the spoilers look badass indeed. I would recommend, but please note they are only ECE certified (not Snell) so there might be an issue with your race org. Check your rules first.

[​IMG]

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I wanted a Casey Stoner rep and never found any vendor in the USA so I lost interest! Where were you guys buying these? Granted it was a while back last time I looked for one.

7. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I got mine from Revzilla. They have the Stoner on closeout on their website.

8. prospected

They have the Davies, Rins, Stoner, & Petrucci race replicas available in all their glory. AGV, Shark & Shoei are the only ones in recent memory not to half ass their customers on the real thing lined up on the grid. Hopefully a few others follow suit.

9. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

MachineR1, jd41 and cha0s#242 like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What do you mean? :confused:

11. prospected

Seems like while Arai is a legendary brand, they've been stagnant in research and development. The helmets are heavy and aero is horrible compared to the new stuff the listed are producing.

Patrick Hannigan likes this.
  12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I dont know how much R&D they do, but in my experience the pace of change at Japanese companies is glacial.

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Got mine on chromeburner.com in the Netherlands.

14. Patrick Hannigan

Patrick Hannigan Well-Known Member

Got a great deal on chromeburner.com in the netherlands too but I got the helmet and there is no date code anywhere so I'm sorting through trying to figure out how to get it through tech with wera right now.

15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Say what you will about aero/weight, how is it that Arai is the only company that understands the need for several internal shapes for different people?

Shocker likes this.
  16. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

There's a date code and serial number stitched to the chin strap on the D ring side. That's where it is on my 2.

17. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

My Petrucci replica should be here any day
    now...I’ll post pics/sizing, fit info for any interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I wont buy from Revzilla. They insist on charging me 9% sales tax. I don't live in Filthydelphia...just the stix in PA where it's supposed to be 6%.

19. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Go to a motorcycle shop that sells Tucker Rocky and order from them. They carry these now.

20. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Had an x-lite a decade ago, loved the helmet, fit my oval head like a glove, very lite, miss it.