1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andrea is done

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Dec 17, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Could it be because other guys didn't appear regularly in the media to aggressively defy anyone who dared not believe them? How many times did he look right into a camera and lied, sometimes aggressively? Meanwhile, those other guys kept a low profile for the most part. Or maybe, just maybe, they are treated differently because they did not try to destroy the lives of people who might be a threat to his dirty secret?

He's not despised because he cheated, but because of what he did to cover up his cheating.
    What's your point here? :confused:

2. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

stick to instagram modeling bro
    download.jpg

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Well, he was the team captain and always in the spotlight, so that’s who people associate with team “X” and cycling in general. When the team name was announced, most people maybe could only recite a couple of the team members, along with Lance(?). And, I agree, the latter shenanigans didn’t help his cause. But, still, very few people know anyone else from any team he rode for. Lastly, on the road, I’ve never been heckled anything but “Lance”.

The Beeb seems to like certain facts, so I figured I better throw one in there. I don’t want this thread turning into 38 pages of “he said-she said”. :D

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Ask your ophthalmologist for sure rather than a random sheep but.... My GP was told to avoid them and basically is now replaced. Spiked my pressure and I now have the joy of drops after it was relatively OK after a lasering a few years back. It has been above normal for decades with one time both eyes in normal range so YMMV.

On a side note while they agree ganga dude will have now issues :crackup: Also stay away from CBD products. They remove THC that is good for your eyes leaving only the CBD part that is actually bad. Again consult or search rather than taking my word. Good luck.

5. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Why not? We are going to need something to do over the holidays:D

ducnut likes this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I appreciate anything you can offer.

I won’t see my ophthalmologist again, until summer 2020. But, I’ll check on what was used for my epidurals and the amounts and text him. I have to be at Mayo Clinic-JAX in a few weeks and will remain there, for an undetermined amount of time, which means missing my next appointment.

I have CBD chews in the fridge. I’ll need to read up on that.

Thank you!

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. If you are discussing steroids in the same paragraph as antibiotics, then I’m sure we are talking about two different things.

There is a huge difference between corticosteroids (eg. Prednisone) and androgenic/anabolic steroids (eg. Sustanon).

For sure corticosteroids can be very bad. Abusing Prednisone can cause multi-organ failure.

ducnut and sheepofblue like this.
  8. sheepofblue

Good luck I got hit by a rock riding back in the 70's and was blind in one eye for a couple of months (had googles on, around my neck. If the bike is running the helmet is on now) Never lost any peripheral which has always amazed them. But when the number shot into the 30's the doc said bring on the frikkin' sharks with lasers. Next time was a Z Pack and one eye got to the 30's again and doing drops now. Numbers are back at 'my normal' so the doc is semi-happy again.

ducnut likes this.
  9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I heard he went out for Tacos with Canelo.

10. sheepofblue

Thus my disclaimer to him on double checking. My policy is no pelt puncture is good and take as little as possible.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

EPO and other blood drugs (depending on type) typically increase the red blood cell count.
    With an increased red blood cell count, you are able to have more oxygen delivered to muscles under use.
    This oxygen delivery usually results in the same level of performance with less effort, or a higher level of performance with the same effort.
    Or a superhuman performance with extra effort.

The tradeoff is that they make your blood thick, and that puts you at risk of heart attacks, etc...
    In the early 90s through 2000s there were a number of young (18-28) cyclists that died of heart attacks, coronary issues as a "possible" byproduct of this.

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

This hasn’t stopped and it’s across all sports. As for cycling, why an age grouper would dope is beyond me. But, they are.

14. Jedb

If you get the results, you get to move to a pro team and get paid.
    Most of the deaths were amongst "professionals without contract" and in the top tier amateur teams.
    Have Genetics + Work Ethic + doping = Pro Career.

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I wish the first part of that were true.

I have a friend whose grandson (Peter Bock) is a multi-time state champion, won numerous medals at the collegiate nationals, went to school on a full scholarship, has trained at the Olympic cycling facilities, races USAC all over the country, was a TREK sponsored rider, he’s ranked in the top few in the country (not sure the exact number), and is at a dead-end, once he graduates this spring.

By “age groupers”, I’m talking amateurs and older guys that’ll never be pro. Think triathlete age groups, because they’re not pro or Cat 2 and below.

16. Jedb

You also have to have the right passport. For context, I'm talking about European passport based "Pro without contract" and "Elite Amateur."

That's an impressive resume. If he's made the US National selection, he might get a shot as a stagaire (tryout) for a tier 2 or tier 3 european based team. Again, passport is the issue, not talent.

Thanks for your context. As I just stated, I was referring to a different group. I do agree with you that I see no point for doping in the domestic US scene across any group.
    But that's just my own opinion.

:beer:

ducnut likes this.
  17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You could be right. I’ll stop by and check on Peter, when he’s down for Christmas. I’m curious of any new prospects.

18. Jedb

If he's the same Peter Bock that went to Marian, he's got a chance on the velodrome scene in Holland and Belgium as well as the 6-day racing circuit. I remember Marian was pretty fucking fierce on the track when I was racing for UCSD way back when...

19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yep, that’s him. Those guys are hardcore. Haha.

20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Called and checked on him.

His coach is out at the OTC-LA. He’s trying to find a sponsor to help Peter transition to out there, after school. They want him to continue training toward the Olympics, but, it’s uncertain beyond that. The hangup with Europe is simply money. It takes way more than he or his family can swing. Now, if he were to do well at the Olympics, MAYBE something would come of that. It’s just such a tough business. These guys don’t get paid squat and are supposed to go it alone, which is virtually impossible without a sponsor to help.