1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Endurance Season

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by JBall, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doubtful.

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks!

3. sbk1198

If you think I'm wrong about that, you need to look nationwide. There are tons of people switching from 300s or R3s to 400s. Look at MotoAmerica too, where despite having restrictions for them, all but 2 bikes on the grid were 400s. I didn't race with WERA at all this year because the 400 wasn't legal in ULW endurance, and not many sprint classes for it to be competitive either (Blake Davies racing against LW twins doesn't count because he's an alien! lol). If it's legal for ULW next year I'll bring a team and hopefully convince another team to show up as well.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Well, no shit the 400 will "take over" any ULW class its allowed into without major restrictions. I'm merely pointing out that you're on a WERA forum and the 400's are rather scarce so far in WERA.

5. sbk1198

Yes, because of the rules. Every other org I've seen is full of 400s. Gotta adapt rules to what's out there. 250s and 300s aren't being made anymore. Thanks for pointing out that I'm on a WERA forum though. Didn't know that o_O I'm aware of roughly how many 400s race in WERA typically, and the reason I haven't raced mine is because...again...the rules! There wasn't much to race in where it'd be competitive. Plus a couple other reasons, but one of which shouldn't be a problem anymore for next year.

6. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

300s aren’t being made any more? I’d say there are more companies making them then ever...just not Kawasaki...

R/T Performance likes this.
  7. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

CRT is in for LWT again, as usual. Would love to see one round be a 6 hr but get that there are challenges to that...

Boy am I glad Summit is on the schedule :)

Jon Wilkens and JBall like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not really, they're just stuck running E and Clubman and up.

9. Tristan

of those 3, ESS is the only "ULW" class and I'm sure the 400 will "take over" when allowed. So will the 300's now be allowed in FSS or will they be orphaned? Just curious, as you know I got rid of my R3's a while ago. I am kind of eyeing a 400 as a next bike... if it fit into any endurance class (and not just competitive with phenom kids riding it) I'd be all over it. If you like sprints, D,E, and clubman is plenty and a 400 could do well.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm confused. What are you asking? About sprint or endurance classes?

I am going to nuke the F class, it's time is done now everyone has gone to 300 or more. If as it did with the 250 coming back out of mothballs they make another comeback in the future I'll roll it out again. I am not nuking E yet - however I may bump the limit to 400 for it, not 100% sure the best route yet but that is where I am leaning. I am almost definitely going to go to 400's in ULW because as others have pointed out and as our numbers in sprints show, that is where the riders are going.

sbk1198 likes this.
  11. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

To me, part of the appeal of the smaller bikes is the low $ investment - put 400s in ULW now you have to have a < 2 year old bike to even be competitive & you essentially have a 1 bike class...KTM/R3/Ninja 300 at least allows cheap options on what to run (I assume the honda/suzuki/bmw bikes are non-competitive at 300 since never see them)...this same question last year got a far different response....

R/T Performance likes this.
  12. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

I assume I could run a 500 single in this new 400 twin class? (based upon 25% capacity increase allotted in current E class for singles vs twins)

13. Tristan

Both, and you answered my questions. When most people throw around the term "ULW" I think CCS and other org's Sprint classes

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Welcome to racing. The newer bikes are faster than the older bikes. Responses change as our customers change what they prefer to ride. It is also Endurance racing, there are teams who could win on a 300 against 400's no problem. We have had 600's win overall in the big bike race. Going in negative however, yep, you won't do well.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The percentage increase isn't a given, it depends on the options out there. I'd have to look at what 500cc street legal thumpers are out there.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

You should really go to 550cc and let the Ducati Supermono in. :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

18. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

250 - F, 300 - E, and 400 - D. You want to bump 400 into the E class as well, thereby giving them Estock, Dstock, Dbike, and Clubman now?

400s is gonna kill the 300s in ULW

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes the 400 will kill the 300's - sort of. Even in just a 2 hour better riding and strategy will still win the race no matter the displacement.

The 400's we are talking about can run D yes but they are absolutely outmatched by even an old FZR400 so it's not like the class is built for them.

The 300's are going away, the 400's are what is out there now. That is reality.

I'm thinking about changing F to 300 and E to 400. Gives the 300's a class until they fade totally out like the 250's have, gives the 250's a place to keep running. But ULW is going to most likely change, it has to if it is going to stay viable.

20. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

So there are 4 different endurance classes because.......

I still expect a beer :beer: