1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit fever

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by joec, Dec 8, 2019.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

So.... At a roadracing party last night and lots of talk about vintage at summit in June.

I've not raced a wera event since the classes were combined or whatever. And I know pretty much all of the people who were chatting about this have not either.

So... Can someone chime in on how the gp and vintage (ie v1 etc) are running? I looked through the rule book and can't find info on how the grids are now set. I thought everything was deleted up to 500gp for sportsman weekends, or something like that..I can't figure out what or why "heritage" is some class. But lots of talk and interest. I should be there as well likely with my bike to vrra p1 spec. (So v1 with mikunis) Im actually looking forward to it. An hour away. I miss summit.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I hear “I miss summit” from quite a few vintage racers.......... I understand being WERA loyal, but it’s not like we haven’t been vintage racing there since 2015. Hell, cb350s and rd350s are legal in a couple non-vintage classes with the other org also, and I’ve looked at fast cb/rd guys times in the past, and I know they won’t be totally embarrassed out there in the amateur classes or even back of the pack expert.With an average of 4 rounds a year for 4 years, that’s 16 races minimum if you only race one class at summit, that lots of guys have missed out.........especially the local guys:Poke::D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Take a look at any of the Sportsman event schedules, especially like Pitt Race last year for an idea of how the classes are run. If you look at the rulebook you'll see some classes are listed as VMD only - which means just that, they only run at VMD.

dave3593 and joec like this.
  4. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

they killed off the 1 "vintage" class for 2020. and the other 3 "classic" classes are hardly classic. and if you believe what you read on FB im responsible. 3 years on trying to get people to show and i get thrown under the bus.

5. britx303

Then stay off stupid assed Facebook.

6. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I plan on being there for sure with the RZ350, just like I was in 1988. :(

joec likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

S'alright you get used to it. I've been killing off all of roadracing for a good decade or more :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How is that a sad thing? That is fantastic!

9. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Sad that I'm old enough to say that. Haha.

10. jeff johnson 32

jeff johnson 32 Well-Known Member

WERA back at The Summit is a GREAT thing. I personally can't wait. I will be there for sure and so will quite a few others that I know of.

Jeff.

SpeedWerks Racing likes this.
  11. britx303

On the Seca II?

12. jeff johnson 32

Yep. The old Seca it will be but my old TZ will be there for me to love on if I need her...…. but I can't afford to race her.

13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Dude post photos of that pretty TZ.
    I regret not taking any a few yrs ago. always a wish bike to ride and race from way back.

Steven

14. jeff johnson 32

Hey Steve,
    I only have a couple pictures on this computer and the are from Summit a couple of years ago. They are attached and it is good hearing from you.
    Jeff IMG_0640 (2).JPG IMG_0601 (2).JPG

15. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

WOOHOO now that's a real race bike. Its so pretty too.
    Thanks for photos. Hope you can make it down south again.
    Would love to see bike on grid and up close.

Steven

compmoto likes this.
  16. jeff johnson 32

Thank You and You are welcome. Greg Reisinger (#996) is the current owner so you may have already seen it at the GNF this year. It was there.

Take Care, I'm gone for the night.

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I love that Greg can't stop smiling whenever he talks about that bike :crackup:

JBall likes this.
  18. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

TZ.jpg Here's a pic of me on Jeff's old bike. Mongo's right, I can't stop smiling when I talk about it OR ride it. It's the best damn race bike I've ever ridden and I cant wait to ride it this spring :)

britx303, joec and VFR#52 like this.
  19. compmoto

compmoto Team Geno

local guys ??
    I am stoked to hear this !! I'm fairly sure of 3 entries from MD/PA that will LOVE to be there to race with WERA !

20. britx303

Hopefully they don't wuss out:D