1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simon Crafar..........

Discussion in 'General' started by Lee57, Dec 9, 2019.

1. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

The riders seem more relaxed and open with her in interviews. More of a friend to friend interview opposed to the formal settings Q&A that normally happens on pit lane.
    I like seeing Marquez, Miller, and Dovi cutting up with her on the Red bull channel. She seems real and genuine, not the fake I'm only here for the job type of journalist.

Phl218 and badmoon692008 like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, but you're watching her in much more relaxed situations. Those boys don't have time to joke around during practice or qualifying. And that's when she was doing the pit lane interviews on TV. So there was none of that playfulness with the racers you see on YouTube. Unfortunately, there wasn't much technical depth either to make up for it. She was replaced by a team of racers (Louis Rossi, Jules Danilo, with a few wildcards by Sylvain Guintoli) this year who take turns walking the pit lane depending on which weekends they are not racing themselves. The pertinence of technical questions and information is on a whole different level.

She did get much better during her time on TV, but she's no match for those guys. Now, things like talking to Moto three 3 who barely speak English on the grid in their own language, she definitely has an edge. But I'm more interested in the technical stuff over the course of the weekend than I am and how races are feeling 15 minutes before the race. In an ideal world, there's room for both types of pit lane reporters. But if I'm forced to chose…

R1M370 likes this.
  3. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I guess I'll sign up for BT Sports. Listening to Crafar makes my lungs hurt. The guy constantly sounds like he's out of breath. Man do I miss Nick Harris.

Killswitch and Quicktoy like this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Hey, it could be the MotoE guy.... (That was a guaranteed subscription annulment)

Crafar was good from the beginning, granted a bit off beat from the others but his observations were always pertinent and to the point.

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

2 questions, who are they going to replace him with? And how tight is Edwards' contract with BT sports?....

6. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Ugh. Crafar may be very knowledgeable, but he started out horrible and got only slightly less awful during his time as pit lane reporter. This is not good.

7. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

anyone got a source?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

I like Simon Crafar., especially when he corrects the announcers' "technical" commentary lol.

ducnut likes this.
  9. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

3j18er.jpg

MurfSVR and Quicktoy like this.
  10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Where is a link to this nonsense?

11. hdpromos

hdpromos Well-Known Member

So where did you get Crafar replacing Day???

12. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

"He's down in parc ferme'..........with SIMON!!!!"

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

Agreed completely, on all points. And concerning "catch phrases", meaning British only jargon: you only scratched the proverbial surface (to use good 'ole American jargon!):
    • On the trot
    • On the bounce
    • On the spin
    • Fair play
    • Early days
    • Early doors
    • Blymie
    • Done and dusted
    • Hell for leather
    • He asked the question
    • He stretched himself
    • Proper ding dong
    • Turn a lap in anger
    • On song
    • Another bite at the cherry
    • Fancy
    • Great nick
    • Full of beans
    • Should be a corker
    • Like London buses
    • There or thereabouts
    • Made a meal of it
    • Full stop
    • Pulling his finger out
    • In the shop window
    • Time of asking
    • A million miles away

cpettit likes this.
  14. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

I took this picture of her at the post-race test at Valencia in 2007:

PB050382.JPG

ducnut likes this.
  15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

G2G and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  16. michael_chicago

michael_chicago Well-Known Member

You can't legally sign up if you're in the States. You may be able to get a VPN, login in the UK and then sign up. Otherwise, you'll have to download the races illicitly. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Keith and Julian Ryder, but I think Neil does a good job. It's GREAT to see Colin there too. He's not at all the races, but I get the impression he is very well liked by the Brits. Naturally, there's a lot of coverage of Cal and Jack (any English-speaking riders). Jack seems like a really good sport and always willing to have a chat. There's also lengthy pre-race show and good coverage of qualifying.

blkduc likes this.
  17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

If this is indeed true, I'll reserve my judgement because I was too quick to judge him as a pit reporter (granted the first couple GPs were atrocious) but he turned it around.

G2G, jd41, jksoft and 1 other person like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's not Vanessa Guerra. She looks nothing like her. Her photo is in this thread!

19. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

This thread is nonsense without a source for the Crafar news

20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yep , I was the same