1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simon Crafar..........

Discussion in 'General' started by Lee57, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

..........to replace Steve Day in the commentary booth!!!

ducnut likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Uh oh.....that's gonna be rough.

23103a likes this.
  3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Crafar is pretty soft spoken, not sure how that's gonna work out.

4. michael_chicago

michael_chicago Well-Known Member

Try and get your hands on the BT Sport coverage. Keith Huewen and Neil Hodgson in the booth with Colin Edwards, Suzi Perry and Michael Laverty on the ground.

Neil does the pre-grid interviews.

Steeltoe and opinion914 like this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Hated him at first, he’s ok now.

“Maaak, heaow dew yeeew feeel eabeout thet victorey neaow?”

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I love Simon but he needs to study how nick Harris could be soft spoken then ramp up the excitement. Ahhh I miss Nick.

flewid, tl1098, YamahaRick and 2 others like this.
  7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I like Simon as a pit reporter. He actually provides intelligent insights instead of mindless drivel.

9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This would be awesome to hear. Where can one find it? Crafar is going to be terrible.

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Does this mean that awful Amy Dargan will be doing the pit interviews? Mute button for me.

11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I started off hating him, but really grew to like him doing the pitlane stuff. Seemed the riders, and crew liked him too and he always seemed to ask good questions and get good answers instead of piss of PR stuff. Not sure how he'll do in the booth, but I'm willing to give him a shot and not be so judgemental right away this time. Gonna miss him on pitlane though.

Ra.Ge. Raptor, jd41, pscook and 10 others like this.
  12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

agreed. having been IN the pits as a rider, he's pretty good at what he's been doing to this point. in booth? will have to see.

13. Well. Fuck.

14. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Simon seems like a good guy, and of course he knows what he's talking about, with all his professional racing experience. But it's tough to listen to his halting delivery. It's almost like he's over thinking what he's saying. I imagine he knows this, so maybe he'll relax and speak more naturally in this new role.

R1M370 likes this.
  15. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

MotoGP needs to put Vanessa Carlota Guerra in the pits, she seems to have a good relationship with alot of the riders plus she is a hottie. Her Inside pass videos with Redbull are good entertainment.
    69583519_752032041915915_8178771359229071161_n.jpg

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’m in awe of the guy, so I’ll listen to whatever he has to say, however he wants to say it.

I really enjoy his tech videos on the MotoGP YT channel. They need to have him do those across all the classes.

CowboyRR likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ugh, hadn't thought of that.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I listened to her on Eurosport France for a few years. She's a cool chick but she didn't come close to being as good as the guy who was bumped to make room for her. Her first year was pretty awful in comparison. She does speak at least four languages perfectly, though. Definitely an asset for that job.

R1M370 likes this.
  19. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I tell ya what he has really approved within the time he has been a pit reporter. The only reason i would not want him in the booth is what a bunch of us have said already. He is a racer and gets ll the good inside stuff and the racers do not have an issue talking to him because he is one of them.

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

It can’t be any worse than the chuckle heads they had last season. The one that yells about the kitchen sink, early doors, asking big questions, and a bunch of other dumbass catch phrases over and over makes my head hurt. At least Crafar was a racer and can talk about what’s going on and not just yelling every time someone has a moment.

BROsiah and jd41 like this.