1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triumph Daytona 765 Moto2 Limited Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Shocker, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Oh wow, that could lead to a whole mess of bitching.

Even just some mild motor work, a filter, and some MR12 could throw it well over 150hp. And it has always been the lightest MW bike.

We know the 675R has won multiple times, this thing will be a weapon.

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

So what are you waiting for?

3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

A little underwhelming.... Haven`t ridden one , but specs not that impressive for the price.

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yall keep talking about people racing these things, but if i remember correctly, arent these just limited editions with small production runs, only a handful of which will likely even make it to the states? Seems like the same as expecting people to show up on a desmosedici or h2r or something. :confused:

stk0308 likes this.
  5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

765 for EU
    765 for NA

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I have to agree.

I’m a past Daytona 675 owner and love these bikes. However, for roughly the same money, I’d probably shop an MV. No Triumph can compare to this sexy bitch.

886AC0B4-C3AD-4302-980D-1A8E73C7E473.jpeg

vizsladog, KneeDragger_c69 and Senna like this.
  7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Where's your nearest dealer and approximate wait time for MV Corse' parts?

SuddenBraking likes this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

For ~25yrs, I’ve patronized my preferred dealer ~4hrs away (no way the closest), for Ducati and Triumph stuff. Working with them on an MV Agusta is NBD to me.

Wait time on parts? I’ve no idea. But, I survived the Cagiva years of Ducati, so not a huge deal for me.

9. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

When I worked at a small shop more than 15 years ago, our phrase for MV parts was "Eternal Backorder"

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  10. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Has MV fixed the sprag clutch issue?

11. We've already hashed this out earlier in the thread, but I strongly disagree.

Go buy any MW bike and try to get 135hp out of the motor, then add quality Ohlins suspension, up/down quickshifter, plus a Brembo MC and Stylema calipers, and see how much money you have it in. It will be WAY over $17k...and it will still be heavier than this Triumph, and won't make anywhere near the same torque.

On the contrary, for what you are getting, I think it is a good deal.

cav115 and Rogue4 like this.
  12. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Ya’ll take it easy we don’t want gorilla Joe here putting deposits on all 765 of them. :D

418, younglion and Gorilla George like this.
  13. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Ride one. Hell, I have two race prepped 675’s that you can try.

The 765 is very solid and getting 135/62 out of it in basically stock form is pretty good. The electronics are something I wish mine had!

I looked at the bike at the “Best of British” Triumph show here in Pittsburgh....... was seriously thinking about putting $500 down on one since it appears all of my spares (wheels, etc) would be useable

cav115 and ducnut like this.
  14. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

My dealer told me the 765R will be $21k roughly. They aren't even ordering one

15. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Just be very very careful about that part and the 200:)

ducnut likes this.
  16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That seems foolish. They’d sell it to someone somewhere. With the oil money around there and proximity to DFW, it’s a no-brainer to me.

17. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

What is the likelihood that after this initial Limited Edition run they start making a regular Daytona 765 for the masses that replaces the 675?

18. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

Pricing was confirmed weeks ago. I have a buy order from Triumph at $17,500.

stk0308 and ducnut like this.
  19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’s what they’re saying at their BoB shows, as well.

20. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

DFW isn't having any trouble selling them. European CycleSports has 8 deposits so far. I highly doubt they're even able to get that many bikes. They're not even the main euro dealer in the area.

ducnut likes this.