1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vacuum sealer?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Not to distract from all the heated purse fights going down, but watchall know about food sealers? Just get whatever one has the most buys on Amazon? Are there any features or sizes that are must-haves?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've got a Food Saver 4800 and love it. Used up their bags and then went with one of the bulk deals from Nutri something or another, no issues other than the big rolls can't be stored in the machine. Not a problem since I tend to have the wrong width in there anyway. I also got a couple of the containers recently, haven't used them a lot but like them for marinades and veggies.

I go through a pretty equal amount of the 11 and 8 inch wide rolls too so ordering them as pairs works. Wouldn't go with one that does less than 11 inches either.

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I have a Food Fresh from Mueller. Does 8 and 11 bags. Has dry and moist mode and normal and gentle modes. Nice unit, got it from Amazon.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm on my 3rd one. The $20-something one I have now works every bit as well as the pricier name brand one I started with.

pscook likes this.
  5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Costco food saver. Cheap bags from Amazon. Using it for lots of meat every month for years.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: Got the same one. Use it all the time. Buy hamburger, chicken, pork loins in bulk then separate and vac pack and freeze. Good for getting air out of open wine bottles and sealing them up et. Good for freezing garden veggies as well. I wait until Costco has the combo box of rolls and pre made bags on sale as they can be a bit pricey. Had it for four years and works great.

7. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Costco food saver here too. We use it a lot, then it sits for a while, then use it.....rinse repeat. Recently picked up an immersion circulator so I've been using it more for sous vide than meal portioning.

9. I’ve got a FoodSaver, no idea the model # but it has wet/ dry settings. Works great and got that one as a gift. Have one of the cheap $50 ziplocks that was still ok but slow and not great to use (which you realize even more when you get a good one) it’s now in the garage. I’ll use it making carbon fiber stuff. Not in place of regular vacuum bagging but if I’m just doing something that doesn’t need to be bagged or a corner folded over I’ll use that just as kind of a easy method of holding stuff.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Foodsaver V3230 I got refurbished for about $35. I like it a lot. Reduces freezer burn and I can use if for the sous vide.

11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes