1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Endurance Season

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by JBall, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

You gotta propose it to Sean in terms of $$$ - suggest adding a class so you have ULW (400s) and UULW (300s) that could run at same time for the 2 hour race...more bikes = more $...you still won't get to run at Barber tho...:Poke:

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Why not throw in an UUULW class for the 250's?

3. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Fair enough...maybe a little marketing though..HLW (hyper-lite) for the 250s...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've done the math. Repeatedly. Trust me it never works out for the endurance race.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No rules yet and probably on the 400 as that's the direction all the sprint bikes are going as well.

sbk1198 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also a thought.

Y'all really should be emailing me rules suggestions so they can go in the folder for consideration.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because there are like 3 still running anywhere, no point other than giving away trophies.

R/T Performance and sbk1198 like this.
  8. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

How about a change in the red-flag-causers-can-still-win-rule? I think it's safe to say everyone but you and Chuck Ivey (maybe not even him?) think that rule should be modified.

ineedanap likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I was mostly joking, and alluding to the fact that if you didn't split ULW when the 300's were just taking over and there were still 250's around it's unlikely it'll happen with 300's/400's.

10. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Such formalities limit culpable deniability...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. If you're going to penalize a team for causing a red then you have to penalize every team that causes every red throughout the race to be even about it. Then you get into the true issue - assigning blame for causing a red flag. That's why we stopped doing it in sprint racing, way too many times you couldn't assign blame to a specific rider or even riders.

The rule is fine. If you want to beat the other teams then go faster and run faster stops. Get more laps in than they do so that if they do crash you're already ahead and have no problems. Same if someone else entirely crashes or mother nature causes a red or any of the other myriad of reasons race stoppage can happen.

R/T Performance likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got ya and you have a good point but there are more 300's out there now than we ever had 250's so it's worth looking at.

R/T Performance and Lance Molnar like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW on the red flag rule - I have no real feelings about any of the rules one way or another beyond wanting them to be as fair as possible for all teams. I get the emotional aspect of someone causing a red and still winning but if I can't make a rule and enforce it the same across all scenarios then it's not a good rule. Like I said, that's why we changed the sprint one. Endurance racing doesn't have DNF's so it can't b the exact same as that one.

compmoto likes this.
  14. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Awesome!! Would at least spread investment out over more than 1 year.....
    So, let's talking about a finder's fee regarding this idea....:beer:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it'll cost me more than a beer or two I'm going to have to leave the rules alone :crackup:

16. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Sounds like we have ourselves a deal (PBR is not considered beer fyi)

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're correct, it is not. Granted more often than not I have Miller Lite at the track, always forget it in the RV fridge after events and don't want to skunk good beer :D

18. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Double negative, Miller Lite isn’t good beer.

19. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

What’s the deal with 6 or 8 hour rounds this year? Could it happen?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which is why it's the go to at the track.... It gets skunked, good beer does not.

R/T Performance likes this.