1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Endurance Season

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by JBall, Nov 19, 2019.

1. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Part of the endurance schedule has been posted with a note that there may be more races added. Good to see that N2 is partnering again.

So far:

5/16 PIR
    6/6 Summit Point
    8/29 Nelson Ledges
    10/22 Barber

Doesn't say the length of the races other than Barber is 4 hours. Is it time for a real mans race (like a 6 hour?) Logistics of this with an ULW race the same day?

I don't personally think there would be the backing for it, but what about a day into night race at Nelson Ledges?

Who's out, who's in?

Discuss - Justify your comments! New folks - buy Eddie's dry break!

compmoto likes this.
  2. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Schedule has a nice northern bias to it (works well for me) - hopefully another date or two gets added...although not sure how that happens unless an already scheduled sprint day gets replaced...or endurance on a Friday?
    Definitely in for ULW and MW; MW teammate is committed (even if he doesn't know it yet).
    I'll buy Eddie's dry break if he can hook me up with someone to weld the receiver mount into an R3 tank without breaking the bank....

compmoto likes this.
  3. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

How to get a 6-8 hour endurance? Run ULW from 3-5 or 4-6 on Friday after a slightly shortened trackday then LW/MW/HW 11-5 or 10-6 on Saturday...I'll have to buy more fuel jugs tho...

JBall likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No 6 hours. The GNF note is to keep the ULW teams from being upset they don't get to race there.

5. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

no luv for the mini bikes still

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No love for losing money. Gimme a bit and I'll tell you what I need for ULW entries to cover the practice fees we'd lose, if you want to pay me up front we can talk :D

7. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Good base for the schedule, what’s the odds of adding njmp and vir north? My team will commit to the whole season at this point and would love to see 6 or 8 hours, wouldn’t want to invest in lights unless there’s 2 or more races they are needed.

8. tdelegram

Hit up Emerson, he has a guy in eastern WV that does them for less than $100

9. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Sweet - thank you Tom.

How about an Endurance Weekend? Races Sat and Sun.

I'll have to get glow in the dark paint if we go night riding....

10. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

Chris Parrish @ghetto customs welded up a dry break in a tank for me recently and did not break the bank. He did a professional job with quick turn around. I highly recommend him.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No on Jersey or VIR. Jersey costs too much and VIR doesn't have any dates for us.

12. JBall

So how about 5? By my math, at the winners average lap time this year at Nelson Ledges, 500 miles could be completed in about 4 hours and 50 minutes or so. Post it as 5 hours or 500 miles whichever comes first.

The Nelson Ledges 500

It's a marketing thing, both to spectators and racers. Who wouldn't like to say they raced in a 500 mile race (even if few would actually go that far). Remember you heard it here first!

13. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I've been prepping an SV for our team, but this schedule is going to make it hard. Every round but Barber is over 9hrs away. We may try to make Summit. We'll see.

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Imagine how we feel...

JJJerry likes this.
  15. tdelegram

12 hours is our outer limit, and with the time change that gets us to barber. Any chance we could get something at Road A Sean?

16. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

How many ULW entrants?
    How many paid morning practices were there before the gnf endurance race?

17. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Are the rules out yet for 2020? Will the ninja 400 be allowed in ULW?

18. JBall

Seems like a class killer to me, and a 400 won light weight at Roebling last year, so not sure it's really necessary. I assume the big man will be along to address this at some point.

19. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I looked at the website and still shows 2018 rules, not even 2019 yet lol The 400 is becoming "the class" with so many people switching to it, so it wouldn't really be a class killer if more than half the bikes on the grid are the same. Plus it's allowed in MotoAmerica and WSS300, although somewhat restricted.

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Know how I know you don't race with WERA much?