1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on V6HW V7HW class structure

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I'm thinking anything between 90 and 99? Pre fuel injection.

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

V7 Alley man!!! What a blast.

pawpawrc likes this.
  3. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

I'm also building a 94 YZF750 for AHRMA and WERA vintage racing. Any advice would be appreciated.

4. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I had a 94- LOOOOVED that bike until a Mustang hit and destroyed it. If I am at a race you attend, please seek me out! As for advice- errrrr..... safety wire it and run that thing! That’s about it. My 51 doesn’t even have a power commander.

5. TZRusty

The YZF has been raced in the past with a FZR1000 engine in it. I'm changing it back to a 750 to comply with rules in multiple classes. It has a fox shock, attack linkage, EBC rotors, Racetech kitted forks and a fully boxed frame.

Chris corven and VFR#52 like this.
  6. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Mike Burns and Robert Fisher had a great battle at Roebling a few years ago. Mike rode the 94 YZF and Robert rode a 98SRAD both ran in the 16's throughout the race. The SRAD eventually won but was fun to watch. If you get it handling then it can be competitive. Looking forward to seeing you out there.

7. Outsider V6 V7

Mongo, do I need to put the rules consensus to you in an email? Should have time to get you something this week if that's enough time. I'll propose allowing the WC 93-95 GSXR 750 into Vintage 6HW as well as the pre 1993 production model 750's in from the current AHRMA Next Gen 1 class structure. Last call for V7HW rules suggestions. Anyone have an issue with the Kawasaki ZRX1100-1200's coming out to play in this class. Haven't seen any on track but HP seems in line with class and in the spirit of the first Gen Aprilia's and TL 1000's?

8. Outsider V6 V7

TZ Rusty the bike as described would be totally legal in WERA with upgraded rotors but you may want to read the AHRMA rules as to whether that would be considered Super Stock. It complies with V7HW in that it meets requirements and V7HW was full on superbike rules.

9. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

So, This would allow my old 94 Duck 916 into V6 HW ? The 93 to 95 GSXR 750 and z7 was what race together at the time

10. Outsider V6 V7

No Doug the 916 would be legal for V7HW just like it has been. 851 and 888 legal for V6HW. 93-95 GSXR was actually considered a step backwards as it added so much additional weight and was not competitive without several upgrades. 996 seems to be the bike for V7HW but I've seen two 916's out on track. I'm doubting that any of the AHRMA Ducati's will show up as they chase the AHRMA series pretty seriously but I've got several confirmations of the non Ducati's willing to come out and play.

Dyle likes this.
  11. Outsider V6 V7

Ok so the Kawasaki ZRX1100 98-01 and the ZRX1200 01-05 would be legal for V7HW if no one has an objection.

VFR#52 and ScottyRock155 like this.
  12. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Paging Jon Wilkens...ask and ye shall receive.:beer:

pawpawrc likes this.
  13. TZRusty

The YZF was run in WERA v7 around 2006 with the 92 FZR100 twice. I want it to be legal for AHRMA also so I'm building a Superstock spec 750 engine. Will Probly run V7 until the 750 engine is done.

14. Outsider V6 V7

Sounds like a plan. See you out there.

15. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

First Gen Aprilia still legal...check.

Stumpy likes this.
  16. Outsider V6 V7

Yes sir in both WERA and AHRMA. V7 WERA and Next Gen 2 in AHRMA

17. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

The changes look interesting, but where would a "sbk" Bandit 1200 that self identifies as "more vintage" than it is, fit into the party?... It's a rhetorical question as I'll not likely see my pile of junk come to life! :crackup:

18. Outsider V6 V7

Brad didn't you used to race an fzr 400? Here's my thoughts on the bandit. Yes as long as it's in Superstock setup. I'm Ok with 1mm over on the engine but not wanting to see a full on USD front end off of a 2017 GSXR if that makes sense.

19. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Haha! Yeah, I sold my 400 to Padilla and bought it back when he was done. It's sitting right where I unloaded it!

Just kinda teasing on the Bandit thing. I saw the SS inclusion in the V7 rules (which I didn't know had happened) and it sparked my interest. I've got this parts/project bike that's +2, cams, and flatties. Still needs some love and $$. Pretty stock passed that.

I sure do miss being at the track though! Maybe one of these days I'll get back out there. Glad to see you guys still at it!:cool:

20. Outsider V6 V7

Ray and I have battled for years on the big 7/11's and have continued to have a blast. He decided that this year was his last year on the big bike as he's enjoying racing an RD 400 in AHRMA and WERA. I don't want to just ride around so I thought it would be cool to make two organizations Vintage classes comparable so there would be options for people who already had bikes built. Looks like we have a few people interested and hope you find the time to finish your project or at least come out to an event and say hey.

Brad likes this.