1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Honda RS250 NX5 RS125 or TZ250 5KE

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Supermotoguy, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Supermotoguy

Supermotoguy Active Member

Hello,

I am looking for a RS or TZ later model 250 or 125. Prefer bikes with known histories and in reasonably good shape in the US, preferably.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Good luck :) My 5KE went really quickly earlier this year. They are hard to find. I've seen some nice NX5s and NXAs for sale in Europe on the FB groups. NX5s are 15-20K, and NXA's are 20-30K.

Also, check with Steve at @SpeedWerks Racing He had a really nice 4DP for sale recently.

3. Supermotoguy

I’m prepared for that but I hear there is complications with importing these things. That’s what I am not prepared for. But honestly I’m happy with a nice 125 too. It seems like a good way to go to learn. I’m no beginner that’s for sure but I have no road racing experience. I don’t like the idea of sending my money over seas and having no accountability for my transaction also.

You the guy that has the 2000 rs over on TZ250.com? I sent you a pm about it. Didn’t see any indication that it was sold..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I had forgotten about that listing... just edited it to reflect that the bike is no longer available. I still have it, but not selling it.

I don't blame you about overseas transactions. There might be a lot of risk and paperwork involved. Good luck in your search.

5. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I know of an NXA and a NX4 in florida :cool: , Both are torn down at the moment.
    Just sent my TSR off last week to Ireland.

motion likes this.
  6. nokturnal

nokturnal Well-Known Member

there is a 5ke on the facebook group right now

motion likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah that's mine that I sold earlier this year. The price is borderline on the high side, but its about as nice a bike as you can find anywhere.

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. nokturnal

nokturnal Well-Known Member

I liked the grey/orange....

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

??

10. Supermotoguy

Yeah they sure are difficult to find. The ones in Japan all have unknown histories and some look straight roached, for Astro prices. Don’t want to buy a bike that’s going to grenade in 5 laps or something. I suppose patience is a virtue here. Prices are super high compared to what they were a couple of years ago. I’ve been loosely following the market for about 10 years now. All I really want is something in decent shape, doesn’t have to be perfect. I think a lot of these things just sit in people’s garages and are seldom if ever ridden. That’s the impression I get. Anyway, it’s become a bigger hassle than I expected but I soldier on. Probably going to go the 125 route until I see something reasonable come my way.

11. knedragon29

New crank just went in the NXA over the weekend.( Hey its work in progress since 2012 …. lol ) , I have tons of stuff. Price would depend on what you want for spares ( I have pretty much everything and then some x 3 for an NXA and NX4 ) Both bikes when together are high spec ( WP suspension , full Brembo bits ( true billet masters , full mono-bloc calipers , narrow band rotors ) , ti hardware every where , NXA was DiSlavo's old bike ( minus True HRC kit stuff ), NX4 I have Jha PV kits , Full BPS ignitions for either bike , wheels ( full carbons for the NX4 , Forged mags for the NXA x 2 ), body work , gearing up the ying yang for either bike , rads ( kits and stockers for either bike ) , cranks , top ends , stands , tables , new bagged stuff no one would ever think of buying , FULL spare motor for the NX4 , full tranny kits for either bike ( every option ), NX4 was new in the crate 06.

motion likes this.
  12. knedragon29

CC121E6E-4E91-403D-A23D-4B5E996C81BA.jpeg NXA nakkidd

SpeedyE and motion like this.
  13. Supermotoguy

How much for each? Do you mean NX5 or are you talking about a 125? How much for the 250(s).

Don’t want to broadcast my budget but maybe it would help some. I really need to keep it under 20. I don’t need a MotoGP spec bike.

14. knedragon29

Oooh , NXA is gonna be about double that just for the bike and minimal spares. NX4 is a 125 , bike in lower spec with small spares like 11 or so

15. Supermotoguy

Thanks for the reply

16. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

We currently have; 92 Honda RS250 NF5(Last Year) and a 91 Yamaha TZ250B 3YL(First Year) call or email if you want details.
    Also Ck with Rick@RMD he has a few and a container heading to Long Beach this month, that SJK bike is nice, so is the J racing 5KE..
    https://rmdmotors.com/bike-category/tz250/

17. Supermotoguy

Hello, thanks for the reply. Mainly interested in 5KE models. I’ve talked with him already. Prices are high for what they are and bikes are in Japan. Bikes also have unknown histories in terms of mechanical. Bikes look to be in questionable shape, a bit ratty. I feel that I would have to spend a lot to make these things worthy of being ridden.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Why do you have to have a 5KE? A 4TW is just as fast in most people's hands. I sold a beautiful one just a few months ago for 11,200. They are fairly soft in pricing right now.

19. Supermotoguy

I would certainly consider that if I could find one. I suppose if I’m going to spend this kind of money I want to get the bike that I really want. However, I haven’t seen too many of those for sale either. If you see either of these let me know.

20. jewcati

jewcati Active Member

I have an rs125 96 nx4 if you are interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk