1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru dealers/deals?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

My chick is looking for a 2020 Outback limited. Preferably white/tan interior.

Anybody got the hookup?

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Your chick? Sounds like she's some other chick's chick.

418, TurboBlew, lazlo and 7 others like this.
  3. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

She wants an OAV, Ovarian Assault Vehicle?

TurboBlew and sill'r B sill'd like this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

:crackup: You’ve got to be quick around here!

ducnut likes this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

With their CVT problems, I wouldn’t touch a Subaru or Nissan.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Chronic Vaginal Tongue-itis?

sill'r B sill'd and ducnut like this.
  7. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

FWIW Subaru Corporate provides an extra $1500 off of a vehicle to members of a number of organizations, which on top of any factory rebates, regional incentives, or dealer negotiated discounts. Easiest organization to join that offers it, used to be the American Canoe Association. You generally have to be a member for x period of time before utilizing it though. While I’m always partial to the Detroit manufacturers, Subaru has competitive products at their price points and a manual eliminates the CVT issues.

8. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

There is no manual transmission Outback.

9. Scotty87

Quality shit from the ‘I hate everything that doesn’t have carbs and a manual’ crowd. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tips Montoya, I’ll pass that along.

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Just razzin ya, there are two subbies in my family. But they are both manuals. :D One is a 2019 Crosstrek (underpowered but a great vehicle), the other is my WRX which puts lots of smiles on my stupid face.

11. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

The ASPCA Founder Society membership ($500) is the quickest way to access the Subaru VIP program as once you pay the $500 you are eligible. Other, cheaper options usually have a six month or so waiting period.

The VIP discount isn't a set amount of $ off, it's usually set at 2% under invoice which is reasonable but you could also achieve a better deal on fast movers like the Outback with some due diligence (cars101.com) and research on invoice pricing (5% under invoice is a reasonable target), shopping dealers and timing.

I've visited the SIA factory in Lafayette, IN and came away impressed, especially the environmental aspects - zero landfill, water filtration, wildlife habitat, etc. I'd say have a look at recent Subaru reliability ratings before criticizing, but all brands have their issues. Sorry, no hookup though.

12. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Back in 2014 best deal I found was FlatIron Subaru in Boulder, Colorado. Flew out and drove it home to Ohio. That much better. Tried a dozen other dealers and none would budge on price.

13. Scotty87

Boulder? That wouldn’t suck. Hmm

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My wife got her Outback at Chilson in Eau Claire. I don't think it was a super deal, but it was good and we have had good service from the dealership.

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

WRX in world rally blue for the win, here..

blkduc likes this.
  16. Do you get free Birkenstock’s and do they make you hug a tree? Surely they throw in a gift card to REI? Just kidding and I have nothing of value to add.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have Birkenstocks and I want to like Subarus but the transmissions are shite and they feel like you can push them faster than they go under their own power. Yeah, WRXYZ StiRRRRR with a tune but no one's got time for that shit. :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. Scotty87

Dude, I tried and tried and tried. She’s not having it.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Cvt transmissons are a plague on humanity the like of which we haven’t seen since the assault of front wheel drive.

ducnut likes this.
  20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My wife's Outback is not a fun car to drive. For long road trips the seats are comfortable. I drive a 2002 Ford Escape and like it much better than her car. Plus, a racebike and gear won't fit in an Outback.