1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sidecar racing?

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Nov 28, 2019.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OK, I'm sure some of you here are into it, but it AIN'T the same as bikes, or really anything like it, other than most of them use a motorcycle engine.

But really? I know they are fast, high tech, got the monkey, etc. But really?

Belongs with fast cart racing, NOT 2 wheeled bikes. They are in fact fancy trikes.

Flame suit engaged! Go for it

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Go fuck yourself.:D

stk0308, Johnny B, Sprinky and 8 others like this.
  3. britx303

They are extremely fast and brake so late you will damn near shit yourself 1st time out as a monkey,if you are coming off a solo/2wheeler,and you get a fast guy at the helm.NOT something to be brushed off as anything less than 2 wheeled racing,IMHO. One of the best times on track for me was being a monkey.

SpeedyE and pscook like this.
  4. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Ah, we have a side car racer! Big ass flat profile car back tire, etc.

5. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you like it. If they are so fast, why are the lap times at the IOM TT slower on those trikes?

6. britx303

Im more than sure there are many more here that have done it far more than myself.I only got to do it 1 weekend.

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

A WHOLE LOT more weight, worse aerodynamics, and only 600cc, for a start.

SpeedyE and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  8. britx303

compared to what class bikes?

9. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

They ran them at Laguna Seca back in 1991 during the Grand prix week end .They were cool to watch plus they were running the 500cc two stroke engines.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

Hanging onto one of those things...... The minute you start falling off the dammed driver starts flying the rig into the air and sliding it and spinning the rear

I did a few laps with zack courts. Insanely fun. He had the the rear tire lit and smoking a few times on our laps. And no, not even close to as fast as a solo. But stick a knee puck on your shoulder and hang off with your shoulder sliding on the ground at 100 mph and things seem *real* fast. Especially with another rig inches from your head.

Love it.

SpeedyE and tl1098 like this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ain't
    No
    Way

12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Shouldn’t you be out plowing some corn field instead of spreading hate?

SpeedyE, stk0308, Scotty87 and 3 others like this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:D Got some of the turnip green crop on the table!

Ain't getting in no sidecar though! Nope! :eek:

K51000 likes this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lololol, until you have actually seen them at IOM, walked through their pits, spoken with them, well...

Hicky, McPint, Dunlop, those people are crazy, but a somehow approachable level of crazy.

These people are a different breed altogether, they are OUT THERE, and they ain't never coming back.

Easily the most exciting thing to watch.

SpeedyE and Steeltoe like this.
  15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Yeah, crazy is the wrong word for their mindset. Chair racing is... different. I love being a monkey. Completely different than any other form of motorsports that I have entered, from car racing, to boats, motorcycles, whatever. Just different.

"That boy just ain't right" sums it up nicely.

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Motocross sidecar racing steps up that 'something ain't right with that boy' to a whole other level.

stk0308, K51000, pscook and 3 others like this.
  17. britx303

Yup! Total respect for them!!:bow:.

18. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

I thought my program guide was wrong until I tuned in and saw this is a real thing.

19. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

I had the opportunity to do it one weekend at WSMC when I was there racing, I decided not to volunteer , always wished I had of afterwards.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Birchall Brothers.

ducnut and britx303 like this.