1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK - Barber - 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Nov 22, 2019.

1. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

That's the rumor.

Anyone heard further news about the track being expanded?

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

It would have made a lot more sense for them to do that when they were going to do the complete repave.

drop likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Agreed.

By expanded are you referring to the actual track surface or just some of the runoff areas need to be expanded/extended to meet FIM needs?

Whatever the case may be it does suck that they removed the US round from the WSBK calendar for 2020.

4. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

That's the funniest post. They would have to redo so much. I doubt it would be worth it for them.

5. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

sub'd

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

They would lose pretty much the entire lower paddock putting up garages, cause ain’t no WSB rider sitting under a damn EZ-UP.

Sabre699, ajcjr and turbulence like this.
  7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Other than garages, what would be needed? I mean its definitely a "short course" but it would probably be one of the nicest facilities they visit.

Realistically, I wonder, with all thats been done to the place, why garages have never really been a priority for them?

8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

9. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

It would be nice if the track actually had a good straight.
    Accommodations are excellent.

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Where would you think to put them? Behind the tower where employees park, or build them along the fence? Not sure either would be bad.

11. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Asphalt/Rubber mentioned it in a press release today so I figured I'd stir the pot and get you crotchety old bags riled up.

Last year Mr. Barber told JD that he was considering expanding the track. Possibly putting a left kink between 11 and 12 and going out farther past the road. Who knows, it's a cool dream to have.

I never understood why he didn't build garages at the time of construction. Plenty of room between T17 and Start/Finish though...and you could have seating above the garages.

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I am not an expert in construction, but I would fill the entire spot from the end of tower (turn 1 side) all the way to turn 1. Plenty of room for lots of garages. Obviously an enormous cost but also a nice place to store the Porsche cars inside when not in use. Win/Win

13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

The layout of the longer track has been posted many times. The initial design was done when the track was built. It's been so long now I can't imagine it will ever happen.

14. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

People are pissed that Laguna fell off the schedule but the place is crap. Sonoma sucks as well.

Wonder why COTA wasn`t an option?

15. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

World Superbikes is not a very prosperous series. Check the attendance numbers.

njracer likes this.
  16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Kev, I saw a presser about WBSK going to Nelson. Brand new repave, fast! The facilities aren't a concern, since everyone has motorhomes.

Book it! :D

ts199, DucatiBomber and JBall like this.
  17. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

In the handicap spots and in places where other big mean people could come in and move them ruining family vacations during the middle of the night duh!

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Since they have to come out onto hot pit not nearly enough room on that side and too close to pit out, have to be the other side of tower if anywhere.

19. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Unless a track expansion was already planned it makes no sense to spend that kind of money. Laguna already hosted it and weathertech had promised to fund a lot of upgrades. MotoGP runs at COTA and Indy has hosted in the past. Miller, Road America, and several other venues would all be options without requiring massive capital.

drop likes this.
  20. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

got a link? I cant find it.