1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Truck reveal happening now.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 21, 2019.

1. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

You know what rich people do when the stock price drops.... they buy.

Phl218, JJJerry, Chris and 1 other person like this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I remember the giant vacuum and space herpes.

5. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Someone put up the picture of it towing a Ford. Looks like a SWB F250 Crew Cab. Specs say one of those monsters is 21 feet long. The Tesla looks noticeable longer, although it doesn't when he's standing next to it on stage. I wonder what the actual dimensions will be (and if they're the same truck in both instances). Ugly as sin but I agree the telescoping bed ramp is pretty cool.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Evidently, the term 'Fugly' was invented to be put to good use....

The truck that was home built in that quirky Utube video looked way better... IMHO

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I really don’t think the final production truck will look like this. Knowing Musk, this is a stunt to get attention and raise awareness of the upcoming release. As is the only $100 deposit required.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I didn't realize it was April already.

9. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

He said that the dimensions (L W and H) don't exceed what's already out there, so the "box" isn't any bigger.

10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I saw the new electric Polaris Ranger the other day. Interesting vehicle. The general manager said they had an order for 30 units placed.

11. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I think payload will be a deciding factor. Even with my f150 able to tow ~12.5k it only has a payload of 1150 pounds. So If I have 3 other guys and a cooler full of drinks, plus some gear. Not a lot of room left over for tongue weight of a 12.5k trailer...

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

There are too many fools for one day so the decision was made to give them opportunities all year long.

The Tesla fanboys are definitely giving the Valiban a run for their money in the blind adoration category though...:crackup:

Gorilla George and blkduc like this.
  13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Space Herpes was from Ice Pirates.

Steeltoe likes this.
  14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Delete your account.

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

"You could basically do the Baja Rally in this." - Elon Musk

Do it.

That's why he's a tool.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You could do it on a side by side pedal bike...doesn't mean you should.

badmoon692008 and Phl218 like this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Baja rally, pfffft. Let me know when one can finish the Dakar.

18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Truck in the tug-o-war demo was a standard crew-cab F150, which is just over 19' long, so that seems about right.

However, what is the point of ballistic glass?

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

If you're going to look like post apocalypse you had better be post apocalypses. And errbody at the gun range is going to start shooting at you when you drive up in that.

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Isn't it still procedure for EMS to not get near an EV when it is on fire or been severely crashed due to voltage discharge or explosion and danger to everyone? With BP glass they are relieved of any internal guilt. "welp, can't break the windows to get them out anyway so I'm just gonna go 100 yards this way and watch the 3 day bonfire."(remember Richard Hamond's EV crash, it burned for 3 days)