1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Alex Marquez Crash Count Thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Something tells me...

MELK-MAN, Ra.Ge. Raptor and Phl218 like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Depends. His brother now has a vested interest in demanding that the bike be rideable, instead of riding around its flaws.

Newyork, GarrettRick and pfhenry like this.
  3. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Dream team. New record class..
    Overall Sibling points:
    Family points:
    etc.

I'd be willing to bet the first race he finishes will be in the points

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean big brother does a lot of that already. He crashed like at least 3 times this weekend

5. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

didn't think of that yet...
    he has been used to a very fine Kalex for the past 5 seasons

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You're not wrong. However, as in past Crash Count threads it's not just the frequency. It's doing it at the worst times like out of the lead or into your rivals or utterly destroying machinery.

BigBird likes this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I can't base on anything but something tells me Alex will get hurt more in these crashes than his brother did.

8. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Yep! Marc typically has the most amounts of crashes in a season. He did in 2017 and 2018; I haven't seen numbers for 2019, yet. He finds and exceeds the limit in practice, and then he knows exactly what he and the bike are capable of during the race. COTA was a weird one this year when he tucked the front with a massive lead. I recall the engineers saying the relevant data didn't reveal the reason for the crash (e.g. braking point, brake pressure lean angle), and so it was a head-scratcher. That being the exception, I can't remember another major mistake during the races for the entire season.

I think Alex is going to be really fast, or he is going to be in the gravel trap the entire time. No way he circulates around conservatively out of the top 5. I really hope the kid does well; being Marc's brother in the paddock is tough enough. Now you're teammates and on the same equipment! It's gonna be a pressure cooker for him, and his deal is only for 1 year. He needs to show at least enough potential to get re-signed.

Side note: that's gotta be effing rad for dad. Your 2 sons on the Factory Honda MotoGP team. As a generally new father, I'm setting the bar for expectations way lower for my son, haha.

9. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

This will be one of the few times I think in racing history a teammate has legit skin in the game and wants to see his teammate succeed. Not just for the media and interviews but he wants to actually see his BROTHER win . How freaking cool is that. Alex has the data, dna , and a mentor.

10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

This just means they are going to show his ass twice as much during a MotoGP race. And that's twice too much...

turbulence, Senna and masshole like this.
  11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Brave thread for a guy who’s gonna beat both Zuk’s... :D

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

so would Big Bro concede some races to his Little Bro?

13. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

He did this year, 420 for Marc and a total of 297 (I believe) for both Suzuki riders :D

track wagon and BigBird like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He'd have to be in second place first. I know that there are those who believe that anything out of the Repsol garage rides itself to the podium, but I think there might be a few guys running interference between the brothers. Just my opinion.

15. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I do not see that happening. EVER. I think he wants Alex to win but he will have to earn it.

SGVRider and BigBird like this.
  16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

This is going to be the weirdest team dynamic. Some real anime plotline shit.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hey hey hey, take all this chitter chatter elsewhere! :crackup:

18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I think Alex is going to do what I believe Repsol is bringing him in to do. I bet their goal with him is top 7 or 8 in the championship

19. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

My original post below got cut-off somehow, but I am predicting top 5 consistently or crashing in the process.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You started the thread before the first crash. What did you think was going to happen in here?