1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have a classic racer that could look good and run again?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Can-am, Nov 16, 2019.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Its a great event Dave3593.

Ron has (had?) more than 1 Hejira, 1 is in the Barber Museum now, after the 2019 event.

Bowie, you are way nicer than Scudder. Everyone knows that......congrats on your win in this 2019 event, you and that F1 earned it sir!.....It brought back memories for me when you came blasting by me on that thing! the sound was awsome, and I chuckled at that sticker on the tail of your bike....again, memories for sure.:rock:

Scudder....."One year, bla bla.....", out of 50???? Surely you jest sir!:) .....my point being old racebikes still break.

Ron, I need to get more flyers from you sir. I left most of what I had at the entrance to "Ace Corner" at the vintage festival. Dean was there working the entrance, and the proprietor felt it was appropriate.....so we took advantage of that.

Also made the pitch at the Atlanta Norton Club / GAMBA meeting in Nov......I'll get them some flyers when I get more. Not many of those guys are racers, but its worth a shot.

Ron = :beer: :flag:

(Ron, I realize your list wasnt literal, but dang....list CB450 and not CB350, that hurts man!!!:crackup::crackup:)

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Not at all. Raced on average two weekends per month from March to October, some of those I had 3 races per day. It was a busy year, didn't fall off once either.

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Sounds like a REALLY fun year.....but what I meant was you quote stats for 1 season out of how many, 50?:Poke:

5. gofastpinhead

gofastpinhead Well-Known Member

While not stock...I could throw my fz750 in the mix.

Actively raced.

Won’t hurt my feelings if you say no, I get that it’s not “period”

[​IMG]

6. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

The FZ750 was a very important bike in racing during the period. We had one in the Concours last year. Judging is on 3 criteria: bike preservation and appearance, on track performance and historical exhibits. You have the basis of an entry and time to prepare if you wish to enter.

7. gofastpinhead

Besides historical exhibit...would this qualify as is? I think it’s more important to show people that you can get out racing on old bikes over the fact that the decals are period correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

As the bike sits today it is eligible to request an invitation. Whether it will get selected by the Museum staff for an invitation I can not say. One factor I know they consider is the fact that it is still racing and has built up a history for the bike and its rider which would form the basis of an exhibit. The FZ750 was an important race bike in the period and is today an important vintage race bike. There are several "Eddie Lawson Replicas" running today as well as others in different livery. This is an invitational event. Assuming the Museum receives more than 30 applications they will have to jury the field down to that number. I can not guess on how they wish to structure the field in that event. I would encourage you to send in a request for an invitation when the period opens in February. Good luck and I hope to see you on the 4th of July.

yamageezer likes this.
  9. gofastpinhead

I gotcha. I’ll be there racing either way. Thanks

10. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Just bring that TZ250 and drop it off at my place !

11. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

o_O

12. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

But unlike the yanks, we stir it with a silver teaspoon with a pinky in the air. ;)

13. yamageezer

What's FTW. Fiddle The Willie?

14. gofastpinhead

Free the Whales

15. yamageezer

Reminds me of when I misunderstood the whole "Free Willie" thing. :blart:

pscook likes this.