1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

beg your pardon did you not read my last post? I never questioned how long the Honda would last.

it’ll damn sure last longer on one ride than the ...I’ll just stop there no need to call them all out in one sentence in one post.

2. Except the people making it and the gov”t :) we make a lot of money selling urea systems and gas takes that permeate fuel vapors a lot less. Just sayin :)

Phl218 likes this.
  3. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I’ll say in my little experience taking them apart and working on them, the BMW seems to be build extremely well also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razr likes this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

I don't know how they managed to make the fuel tank that diminutive but it positively makes the new S1000RR tank look like the CBR900RRs.

Senna and ducnut like this.
  5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

That link gave my PC the AIDS

7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Look. I don't care what Bradl says. Marquez said it was just as good as his MotoGP bike. He went on for like 10 minutes on how great it was right now. Bradl is just pushing his agenda to get more work as a test rider.

The only interesting bit of that article was the suggestion that HRC was more concerned about getting their Suzuka bike ready before the WSBK version.

badmoon692008 and G 97 like this.
  8. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Honda hasn't won the 8 hour since 2014. That race means more to Honda than any other championship. It's their home track and they have been getting their butts kicked for the last 5 years. I'm sure they acquired Haslam for the sole purpose of winning Suzuka. He is well known for his expertise at the 8 hour. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Haslam/Takahashi/ Bautista Suzuka team.

I'm sure the main focus of the new bike is Suzuka first, then WSBK. The Japanese OEMs get really kooky about 8 hour success.

9. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Do you think they'll develop the endurance bike around Pirelli tires to help the WSBK cause?

10. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Doubt it. The Bridgestones were developed at Suzuka and are the best working tire at the 8hr.

Bruce likes this.
  11. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Yup. Stones are the only choice if you want to win the 8 hour.

I think the WSBK development is in the hands of the Morowaki team, which is why Takahashi is there now.

12. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

My understanding is that HRC is taking over the WSBK factory team and the bikes will be developed at the same factory as the GP bikes. Moriwaki will stay around as a satellite team.

13. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Correct. But Takahashi is HRC’s Moto GP and WSBK development test rider. I’m sure the reason for bringing him over to the Moriwaki team is to aid in development. I believe the Moriwaki team’s sole purpose for being in WSBK is as a test horse for HRC.

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Let's be fair...
    The oil burners were restricted to the '08 model year as a result of a bad batch of piston rings. Honda honored the warranty even if some dealerships made it difficult for the customer.

Looks pretty good to me, too. Its livery is as strikingly bold as anything you'd see on a grid without being all tarted up.

Razr likes this.
  15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Has Anyone heard of any prices on these?

16. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Probably somewhere between the $25k of the SP2 and the $184k of the RC213V-S.

Seriously though, it hasn't been determined, but it's a homologation bike, so assume that it's not for mere mortals.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You're referring to the model with 16 "R's" after it right? I'm assuming a "regular" version will be priced around the same ballpark as your typical GSXR, R1 etc?

18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Honda doesn't have the stones to sell it for the homologation max $39.9k price tag when the Panigale R destroys it in everything at the same price point. Maybe $22-25k?

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

If I’m buying a homologation bike for $39.9K, I’m buying an RC30.

cajun636, Senna and Steeltoe like this.
  20. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Interesting you know so much about a bike that hasn't been released, even to the press. :bow:

prospected likes this.