1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Daytona 200 Party?

Discussion in 'General' started by DrinkingOuttaCups, Nov 13, 2019.

1. DrinkingOuttaCups

DrinkingOuttaCups Active Member

Who’s planning on going/racing and who’s getting hammered afterwards?

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

One word Oceandeck

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

typically in the owners lot or infield getting _________(insert euphemism here) and out running security & DBPD on minibikes, untagged scooters, or Groms...lol

Hopefully people camping, stay for the 200 vs departing mid week after all the dirt stuff is finished. On the upside... the ones that stay are usually hardcore 200 fans.

4. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

My team will be there with 3 possibly 4 riders trying to qualify, Saturday night at ocean deck or bbq in riders owners lot. Dirt track is after the 200 this year also, that might keep us at the track

5. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I'll be there crewing for Teagg Hobbs if he gets a bike sorted out for the 200. I'll also be racing the CCS races.

I dont know about the dirty bike fans, but the TT fans are going to have to stay as it's right after the 200.

Wheeliest and R1M370 like this.
  6. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Probably BBQ in the R/O lot.

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I usually regret my decisions on Saturday night and forget half of what happened

8. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Ah yes, straddling the middle ground between making vague epic memories and generating recoverable from regrets signifies that you’re doing it right.

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

dirt track for sure needs to be after the 200 weekend if it's held in the tri oval like last couple years.. it's silly that they hose all the dirt off and first thing for practice, is a mix of mud and water all over pit out, and the turn 1 area... lovely to try and race street bikes on.

Gino230, TurboBlew and R1M370 like this.
  10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The TT for 2020 is Saturday night right?

11. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

Yes

12. Shocker

Yep, right after the 200. They will still be practicing for the TT on Thursday and Friday (hopefully at the end of the day and not between D200/CCS sessions) tracking dirt up onto the track.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I vote Ocean Deck - and I moved Roebling to be a week later this year...

14. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

The finish line banking wasn't the main issue... It was Pit row and T1 , T6 and the path that the dirt haulers traveled.

As well.... it was the entrance off the track onto pit lane. Four guys crashed there in morning warn up just trying to come off the track.

I hope Daytona and CCS can get it together better this year...

DrinkingOuttaCups and MELK-MAN like this.
  15. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I am planning on being there for the 200.... if I can qualify.
    After that, gotta bring my Canadian ass back to work. I quick long wknd stent for me.

BTW what are times to qualify in the 200 ?

16. Shocker

It's not hard to qualify for the 200. Last I looked its 115% of the pole time so a 2:04 would get you in, but they have been lax with that as well...

17. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Front of the pack are under 1:50 and the back of the pack is close to 2:10.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

When is it? I think I'm getting more time off to burn in 2020...

19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Yay!

20. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Awesome... Should be able to make it easy.:D
    Thnx