1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota Dealership sales??

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Critter

Critter Registered

Does anyone on here work in sales at one?

Looking for a new Taco

2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Good luck, from buying mine as an overstock they’re not discounting much at all on the Tacoma. Tundra might be a different story since it’s pretty long in the tooth.

3. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Good luck. I just saw an article that 3 of the top 4 vehicles that hold the most resale value are the Tundra, the Taco, and the 4Runner. The gf just decided she wants a new 4R as her next car and I'm dreading the payment.

Newyork likes this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Cheaper to trade in GF?

tony 340 and Newyork like this.
  5. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Have a technical question about them or just looking to help someone with their quota?

With year old Tacos selling for practically new prices, there’s not much discounting going on. That lets them have some reasonably attractive lease specials though.

6. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Come on, a new girlfriend can’t be that expensive...a new wife is a different story.

7. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Nah - there's a lot of long term earning potential. Plus I'm older so I'll get to retire first while she gets to support me.

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So basically car payment is like adding to retirement, house keeping and monthly sex payment.

So really it’s a bargain....:D

9. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I'm gonna wife her next year. She's still cheaper than the ex wife and I'm pretty sure it's a net gain on a long term investment.

10. Montoya

So she’s trading up her career, trading up her car, but you’re expecting her to keep the old clunker?! :D

Marid2apterbilt, BigBird and RossK6 like this.
  11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Is this truck really that good? I don’t get it

418 likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dead nuts reliable, comfortable enough, big enough, enough power, a riot off road. . . yeah, it's good.

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave

my wrangler has crazy high resale value too and sometimes I can’t get my arms around why

14. Critter

Critter Registered

Yes I am considering a new Taco, I am assuming what I want will need to be ordered and I am wiling to wait for it if I go down that road..

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Toyota Knoxville, don’t remember the salesmans name but they were super easy to work with and opened with 10% off my 17 TRD-OR

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ck off! :D

Because they are cool as f@ck and the truck version is brand new. It's the Milfwagon around this area. Lifted, set up for offroad, more lights than a european disco and it'll never go farther off road than a starsmucks parking lot. The truck version is showing up now with the milfs.

Montoya and Fonda Dix like this.
  17. Montoya

Earlier this year, Porsche announced that the Wrangler was their number one competitor for people trading in 911s. Wrangler simply nails the aspirational lifestyle marketing thing.

ducnut and Fonda Dix like this.
  18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Apples & oranges :rolleyes:

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

That won’t last long :Poke:

20. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

It is, but IMO so is most other stuff these days. I think you can get more for less elsewhere but there's generations of families who have built up fierce brand loyalty and they're willing to pay a premium for it.

Guess what the 4th (#1) vehicle was in that article?