New 2019 F150.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Nov 8, 2019.

1. khill

khill Well-Known Member

HA! I can't afford to shop at wholepaycheck.......

beac83, BigBird and ducnut like this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, my Z1 wasn't much faster than that when I started drag racing it in 80, and that was soooo fast back then.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Back then I'll bet you were running the full 1320', not 1000'.

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

What would that truck do with a 3.5 eco boost and a tune?

5. khill

khill Well-Known Member

They typically are close, they need a few more mods to get there (other than a tune) but most are 4wd and really launch hard with boost. There are quite a few in the high 11s without a lot done to them.

R1M370 and ducnut like this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Only fuel cars run 1000’.

7. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Nice reaction times.

ducnut likes this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The irony of the automotive world spending tons of time and money producing faster, more capable cars but the American public spending almost zero effort making better drivers.

TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

those in the know do HPDE/AutoX, etc. But again, far and few between

and uhhh...why would people want to be better drivers when the Teslaratti have autopilot? :Poke:

ducnut likes this.
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well if the intention is to kill off dumbass drivers..this is a good start.
    [​IMG]

11. assjuice cyrus

A 4wd truck running 11's. That's impressive. Wonder what I can get away with on a lease?;)

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Dude with your luck at things I would stay as far away from a drag strip as you can get. New motors are expensive. :D

BigBird likes this.
  13. assjuice cyrus

:crackup::crackup:

Shit! You ain't wrong either....

BigBird likes this.
  14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That's the perfect sleeper-vehicle to show up to the line with and run 9's. Eventually, slicks on a stock truck could give it away though. :D

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Stop lights, in sport mode, merging down to one lane, politely getting around 30 lemmings who sit single file and let the light go red/green/red three times, before finally making it through an intersection.

16. assjuice cyrus

Does anybody know what sport models changes?

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Sport mode? More powa. Generally the truck (along with other vehicles) are dumbed down to meet fuel and emission specs. Sport mode turns that off.

There's a technical spec about it on the googles. Opens up the throttle valves/bodies more, etc. etc. The truck hauls though, no joke.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

i love boost, i probably will never want to own anything that is NA, because there is so much more tuning and gains than can be done.

How's the brakes on these 10 second trucks?

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

One other thing - Ford does this stupid thing where they pipe in engine "sound" through the speakers, on the EcoBoost models. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of, mainly for squid-like customers who want to hear a "v8 sound" from an EcoBoost (I prefer the turbo sound myself).

Anyway, the dealer has to disable that. It can't be done through the console. FYI.

ducnut likes this.
  20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I'm 4 years into ownership of my F150 and am continuously impressed by the capabilities of this truck. Super crew cab, 5.0 v8, 3.55 rear, 2WD, sport package with 302A options.

Had a couple issue that were taken care of under warranty, but 65K miles later and I just can't find any fault. Gets 20mpg in mixed driving where my old 5.4L 2005 F150 only did 16mpg, and does so with one of the best V8 sounds out there.

Tows my 8.5x20 toy hauler very well, eats up highway miles in comfort, and I think is a very handsome truck. Hoping to get at least 10-15 years out of it.