1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And suddenly VA is California 2.0

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by EngineNoO9, Nov 9, 2019.

1. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

2. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

NJ and NY have been there for a while and it’s consistently getting worse.

Just hope the GOP has enough votes to keep them from getting them passed.

Only getting worse here in NJ, Dems taking over.

“Common sense gun laws” what a joke. That’s it, coin a catch phrase and watch it sweep the nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Even North Carolina is a swing state now. South Carolina is probably safe. The D.C. suburbs ruin the rest of VA, which is a nice state from what I've experienced.

4. EngineNoO9

It is nice. The sad thing is basically 2 areas end up controlling a mostly red state. But because of population that’s how it works. Richmond and NOVA decide the state. Yes Norfolk is fairly blue but doesn’t have the pull that NOVA and Richmond do. I’m eyeballing Alabama/Tennessee I think.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  5. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Problem with population controlling outcomes is how dumb and gullible people are nowadays. Not getting better but worse as population increases. This is the scary part, gonna get dragged down by the stupid. Politicians pretend to have the answers, but their policies show they are just as stupid. Only worried about keeping their hands in the cookie jar.

michaelrc51 likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

MrGunsnGear did a video breaking down the lunacy in Va. Bad stuff man. Looks like 1776 up there. No grandfather clause so either you comply or you're a felon. Simple as that.

7. EngineNoO9

Surprisingly my guns would be safe at my dads in DE which has been liberal for years!! Problem is it’s a nothing state when it comes to major political policy. I’d lose my funds in a boating accident then find some buried in my yard when I move out.

8. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Like whats being said on a gun board I'm on, "After the 1st felony, the rest are free". I would laugh my ass off if people of those states storm the capitals and drag the state governer, senators and reps out for a tar and feathering.

Jan 7 theres a rally to recall Evers in WI.

9. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

We are opening a new plant in MD and I ended up buying a home just north of the PA border to avoid as much of that as possible. We're near the Gettysburg area and love it! :flag:

Steeltoe and michaelrc51 like this.
  10. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

Congrats!

Pa is slowing going left as well. Hopefully it can stay red, but times are changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chris likes this.
  11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

https://robjonesforcongress.com/

For you VA folks, you have a great option for Congress at least. Rob is a friend of mine and is such a fucking good guy that sometimes I wonder why he's getting into politics.

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Sounds like a good guy, but I am in the 8th district which will never vote red. The Cook partisan voting index has us at a D+21. At least we have a moderate Democrat Don Beyer. Well at least moderate by current Democratic party standards. He holds town halls and keeps voters that are interested informed and answers their questions. I don't like his answers, but he does represent the will of this district so it is hard to complain too much. Our district is blue enough he could get challenged from the left by a complete LWNJ. Sometimes you just have to take what can get.

13. Spang308

Easy commute down 15 too. That area is nice and quiet, but not too far away from things to do.
    I'm half hour east of you.

Chris likes this.
  14. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I'm actually in Hanover, but mentioned Gettysburg because it is a landmark of the area. Where are you?

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

NoVa suckles at the teet of the federal gooberment and these people want bigger government, higher taxes and the left in power. A massive undertow of republican support but in silence.
    It's idiot central.

16. Spang308

York

Chris likes this.
  17. EngineNoO9

DC/NOVA sprawl is pushing further south too. Fredericksburg is becoming a hotbed for DC workers and there’s communities in Culpepper that are mostly people from that area. They call them super commuters. I call them liberal assholes. I’ll let them jack my property value way up so I can sell at a huge profit then GTFO of here. The commuter train in Fredericksburg is mostly to blame for allowing more people to move down. The comical thing too is most want the ‘country’ living but with all of the amenities of a urban center nearby. So they’re screwing that up too by ruining rural areas. I figured there was a time limit on me being in this area. I just didn’t think it was going to happen so quickly.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, I've met people who commute out of the Gettysburg area into the city. My area is old hat, they are way out past my area and pushing past Winchester. "I get more house for a lot less cash!" Yeah but you're going through a car every two ~ three years and you're caught in the mosh for 4 plus hours a day. Crazy ass shit.

Watching the le mans stye start for when 66 opens up from hov is both sad as f@ck and funnier than a mime with a spear through his chest.

19. EngineNoO9

I work with a guy who said he knows of a community being set up in Harpers Ferry area which is being advertised to DC workers. That’s insane!

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I f@ckin' HATE that place. Old dirty hippies, artists, nuevo trustfund hippies, tourists and history revisionists. It's literally the asshole of VA squeezing out big stinky turds into W VA. :D