1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mavros Auction

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Sep 3, 2019.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Some of those gsxr’s went pretty cheap, along with some of those Ducati’s.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't think some of that stuff seemed too out of line. The 2 stroke stuff even seemed a bit light. I was at a local estate auction and two guys battled over a RZ500 all the way to $17,000 and it wasn't a museum piece by any stretch.

3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The NCR ducati wasn't really an NCR, just a 1000SS with NCR stickers. Was a nicely built racebike though.

The Pierobon was legit, I was surprised how much that went for, considering it's just like mine except for the frame.

The Bimotas were not the best ones Charlie had. The first Red Bull one was actually a DB6, the Stars and Stripes one is Kat's old B-bike, stock dash and ECU. The second Red Bull one was missing a lot of the fancy parts, no quick shift, etc., Charlie got that one because someone owed him money. Those were still pretty good deals, considering the motor work, etc.

The 2 "$40K Bimotas" with the gas charged forks, monoblocs, Pectel ECU's, Carbon wheels, etc the family kept.

There's also some of Charlie's bikes at a shop or with various individuals that refused to give them up unless given a big payday.

Like I said before, I hope to see some of these racebikes on the track again soon. What with the motorcycle market / racing the way it is now, especially in Florida, I was surprised at the level of interest. I'm glad for the family.

4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

There's not that many of those things. With the VIN number you can call Ducati and get a pretty good idea of it's history.

5. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

The r6, 675 and a couple of the Ducati's looked like they went cheap. After seeing the ending bid on the r6 I almost went for the 675. They both looked like they had money into them. I was more interested in the 749R's and the 2t's though and with no info and no spares couldn't bring myself to bid. If I was there in person I probably would be broke right now.

Gino230, Phl218 and jksoft like this.
  6. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Seems folks lost their minds and needed some adult supervision down there. sheesh

7. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Does anybody happen to know who bought the early 70's Suzuki GT750 race bike. It was item number 39. I'd like to see if they want to make a fast buck and sell it to me.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That happens alot at auctions, nothing new.

stk0308 and Jon Wilkens like this.
  9. Xian_13

Xian_13 Well-Known Member

With out knowing the R6, the bike did not look like it was very well built.
    It was missing the shift-rod and things like the case covers/exhaust etc.. looked as if they were just cheap.

The Yellow TZ250, was my old bike which was sold to Charlie in early 2015. (I had been waiting for it to hit the market after I learned of his accident)
    Given the bike was sold without any spares or the documents... I think the price was way to high.
    If these are going to just be "display" bike, they are perfect.

The 675R was not in "Running Condition".

-X

Skter505 and SpeedyE like this.
  10. Adewey

Adewey New Member

I just finished posting 331 photos of the auction bikes that I took on the day before the auction. Apparently, that's one bike I didn't photograph. :confused:

It was really hot in there, and I spent a lot of time talking to people there, and probably missed photographing that entire row of bikes. I talked to a guy from Atlanta, one from Pennsylvania, and another from Texas.

11. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

You got a shot of it. Reply #56.

12. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

The dumbass that paid $9,600 for the ‘91 ZX-7 J model backed out of the deal. He also had the Desmosedici and the GSX-R drag bike. I picked up the ZX-7 for $4,800. The other two are still available.

Blows my mind that someone can win $65k worth of stuff and walk away without any repercussion. Should at least be charged 10% for inconvenience.

The Wood’s are such an awesome group of people. Salt of the earth. It was a pleasure doing business with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyE, TurboBlew and MELK-MAN like this.
  13. 713

713 Well-Known Member

The FZR1000 PM wheels were mine. I bought them on craigslist for $225. I dropped them off at his house but he never paid me before his passing. Oh well! I had plenty of fun hanging with and protesting that guy over the years.

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

Is there a way to see if any of these other bikes were not sold? I would like a shot at some of them if any are still for sale.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I was in the same boat. There was too much uncertainty to bid aggressively from afar. Probably for the next
    I would call the auctioneer directly and just ask him.

Unless something was expressly misrepresented, backing out like that after a deal is a pretty crappy thing to do. I know I've won auctions before that I have regretted but still followed through with the purchase.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  16. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

I noticed quite a few bikes with missing parts, but they all still sold near or above retail.

Does anyone know anything about the Honda RS250 supermono? The ad said XR engine, but the engine # listed came back as a FT500 ascot engine... which didn't sound right. Most of the older builds were rotax engines and the more recent builds are 450 motocross or LC4 engines.

Just curious.

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LOL, I think more than a few buyers are going to be in for some surprises :D

Shocker, TX Joose, TurboBlew and 4 others like this.
  18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yep. Don't know where the buyer thinks he can race this.

1973 Suzuki GT250 GP Race Bike High Bid: $3600.00

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I wondered about that. The TLR had the rear wheel off in pic, I wondered if the shock and linkage on it might be on there or not. That would be a big let down to get a Tiller thinking it had updated rear suspension to find out it was gone.

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

how many "buyer beware" threads will be attributed to it?? lol :D

Phl218 likes this.