1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little weekend project

Discussion in 'General' started by noeyes, Nov 10, 2019.

1. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

I still have ever helmet I've ridden in since I was 15 and always wanted a way to diplay them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Looks good.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I like it except all mine are pretty well crashed or otherwise all scratched up!

track wagon likes this.
  4. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Lol exactly what I thought when I saw this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Right, third from top has some Road Atlanta dirt embedded in the shell. My favorite one.

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Nice, I like it. I need to do something similar with mine

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I like to display my crashed ones as well. Gives it a little more history or whatever.

8. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I like it!

How about you tell us how you made it and what is required?

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got 2 that I crashed in on the track and a pair of really rashed up gloves on a " crash shelf " in the shop to show people why the need to dress properly. Has helped me convince a few cruiser guys to buy a full face instead of an open face or a beanie.

10. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Very nice... post the parts you used to fab that.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

thats alot of Shoei!! You should email them...

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Looks like 10 Ts (reducing from 3/4" to 1/2", if I can eyeball it correctly) and 10 90* 1/2" fittings. Other than that, just some 3/4" and 1/2" PVC should get it done (not sure how the OP is attaching the stand to the ceiling but that's a pretty easy nut to crack).

13. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Looks like pressure. Appears to have a twist cap at the end that can let some additional PVC out to make it tight between the ceiling and floor. Think shower curtain rod.

14. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I made table with my old ones

Attached Files:

Shocker, Dan Dubeau, Phl218 and 5 others like this.
  15. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

You got pretty much everything except the sizes. 1 1/4" to 3/4" tees. 3/4" elbows, and 1 1/4" straight pipe. The caps were 3" end caps. The end is a threaded union. just turn it out to put tension against the floor. Just need to paint it now.

I had considered getting a stripper pole and drilling big holes in the helmets and stacking them to make a "helmet totem pole". I like this better.

16. Very nice. Simple, creative, effective- that’s not always as easy as it seems.