1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qualifying Idea...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thinking about instituting it for three classes where we don't have to worry about legality - A Superbike, F1, and C Superbike. Take the times from the second practice session of the big bikes for ASB and F1 and the 600s for CSB and use those times to determine the grid.

2. I like it, will force people to actually use practice as practice and not dick around.

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Maybe try it out at the national events and see how it goes?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm talking about all events...

5. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Why not do it for all classes?

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Dig it. Should give a small amount of points for pole also!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because we cannot verify legality of all the bikes out in a practice session.

8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I get that but I was just suggesting sometimes it’s easier to try a new idea out on a limited basis first

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've done qualifying for 600 Superbike at Nationals most events. It was popular with some and not with others.

I was just going to do this out west but as soon as I did that you'd see a ton of people bitching and whining about how much of an asshole I am for not doing it for them too. Well, right up until I do it and they find themselves gridded further back than they'd be with points....

Nah, they'd still bitch :crackup:

track wagon and fastedyamaha like this.
  10. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I like it!

11. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

CSB guy here - I like it. Probably won't change me from starting at the back of the grid :D

track wagon likes this.
  12. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Would you be able to do it with LWTSB and F2 races?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Maybe in the future, going to be enough fun juggling times and entries for these. Also the LW practice gets a lot more hectic with a bigger disparity of machines so not sure how much I want people to be pushing there but I'll keep thinking about.

14. alan

alan Well-Known Member

I like it

15. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Truly a plus to what should be in all classes and thus making T1 safer at the start.

Just do it already...

16. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I like it. Only issue I'd see is a non-qualifier type in same session holding up someone that is trying to get in a hot lap.

17. Which just adds more strategy and potential drama to it. You'll have to pay attention to when/where you go out, work hard to get a clean fast lap in, etc.

Personally, I love the idea.

track wagon likes this.
  18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I dig it.

track wagon likes this.
  19. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Tracks like Tally and Reobling will be very difficult to get a clean lap. I guess it will depend on how many different classes of bikes are on track for that practice session. It's one thing to have a single class out there as most will be circulating at similar pace...but when you toss in different classes that are not on same pace...I think it will be a cluster. Just look at what classes currently share the same practice sessions...it won't be hard to see where it will be an issue.

20. drop

drop Well-Known Member

He said csb, asb, and f1. Which are all the same bike, same class. No issues. Do it.

Gorilla George likes this.