1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taiwan and Japan-Things to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by 27stormin, Nov 9, 2019.

1. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

I’ll be in Kaohsiung, Osaka and Tokyo over the next 2 weeks. May have a few extra days to myself. Anything fun I can do? Anyone know of any good cart or mini-moto tracks? Last time I was in Tokyo I couldn’t find anything.
    I’ll be going here https://global.yamaha-motor.com/showroom/cp/
    anyone ever been?

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'll start.

[​IMG]

Shenanigans likes this.
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Buy every TZ, NSR etc you can get your hands on and ship them back

Phl218 and Dragginass like this.
  4. AFC

AFC Well-Known Member

Was in Kaohsiung a few weeks ago. Seems most people are more city type (less outdoor active) though Kaohsiung seemed much less urban/congested than Taipei. We rented some scooters - cheap and an easy way to get around, even for 1/2 a day it would be worthwhile. Hit some of the outside markets (wasn't impressed by the night markets the day ones are more like farmers markets - except Tokyo, definitely head out at night - like Times Square in NY, crazy how many people are out). If you go north of the British Consulate head into the hills, you can feed some monkeys! Hit a grocery store and get some beef jerky - Taiwanese style is cheap and great. Maybe you already know, Taiwan is known for beef noodle soup - get the thin ones/the thick noodles are too chewy. The shrimp burger at McDonalds was pretty good. The taiwan KOM challenge was a few weeks ago - could also rent a bike and head into the hills, you'll see a few cyclist. The drivers there seem more conscientious than in the US - so many scooters running around.

What's taking you to Southern Taiwan? I would have liked to have gone to the Giant bicycle factor in Taichung.
    upload_2019-11-9_9-14-49.png

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'll be spending a week in Yokohama at the beginning of January......could also use any pointers if you lads have got em.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Theres a place in Tokyo that does go kart tours where you dress up like Nintendo characters. So basically you get to play Mario cart on the streets of Tokyo dressed pike Mario and shit

Steeltoe and Dom17 like this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Avoid pretty women with deep voices.

8. 27stormin

Haha, last trip I went up to my room the next morning I heard they went to a shower party, Glad I missed that one.

9. 27stormin

Good info, thanks. Would love to see the snow monkeys.
    Spent a good bit of time in Shinjuku last trip.

I’ll be visiting Kymco.

10. 27stormin

I saw that last time there, I now have my intl drivers permit, so that is on the list.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:eek::D

12. AFC

AFC Well-Known Member

13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Explain this shower party?

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Street food in Taipei.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Fixerated

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Osaka has a red light district. It's almost a joke considering how safe Japan is, Their idea of dangerous is drinking unfiltered sake. Also that fried stuff on skewers that you dip is big in Osaka- Kushikatsu. I also loved the Okonomaki but my wife was not a fan.