1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

According to the 2019 FIM rule book you can change the rods provided the weight is equal or greater than stock. I assumed they put ‘off the shelf’ Ti rods so they have a light rod that they can create a ‘race version’ of for WSBK use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Nissin calipers, Showa front & rear suspension

3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

how does the showa compare to the kyb on the R1 and the nissins to yamahas in house brakes?

don’t most people redo the suspension anyway?

Ra.Ge. Raptor and shakazulu12 like this.
  4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, my assumptions would be everyone is getting a cartridge kit, exhaust and re-map. Outside of that it’s all close enough IMHO assuming you can actually map the bike this time around. Not seeing any glaring deficiencies.

5. nlzmo400r

Actually, I was wrong. Here's the excerpt from the FIM rulebook upload_2019-11-7_14-4-51.png

6. Personally, I would prefer to race the higher spec model. That way you get lightweight wheels on a SS legal bike.

In some instances they also come with more other stuff like lighter magnesium parts, more buttons, Carbon body pieces etc.

That’s why I got the 1098-S years ago, and later the 1299-S.

...and that’s why I can’t understand Honda leaving forged wheels off their bike. Unless they just don’t care about SS racing. For $28k, I’d better get some godamn Marchesinis.

Ive always felt like the better bike you start with, you’ll ultimately be better off in the end. That shits either unobtainable, or expense if you want to change it after the fact.

Shocker likes this.
  7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I want the damn 600RRRRRR!!!

BigBird likes this.
  8. Was going to correct you :). That’s why they put those rods in the street bike, I assume. There are other options that would hold up for a street bike but since you have to use then in race trim they beef up street bike rods.

9. Agree with this, when higher spec models are available. Start with a better base as you might as well start with the best package available.

10. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

So has anyone ordered one yet.

Dave250 likes this.
  11. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Well you would have buy the higher spec model to get the “normal” things like better calipers etc that the other manufacturers have in their base models. Historically the SP was priced at 25,000 dollars so if you want a Honda that bad and want to pay 8 grand for forged wheels and brembo calibers then another 3500 ish for suspension more power to you to waste your money.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Deep down the honder wishes it were this.
    8BA0BB97-AB9A-4481-8FA9-1D2BD4AB5113.jpeg

bacolmm, masshole, Steeltoe and 6 others like this.
  13. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

No one wishes it had that muffler

14. nlzmo400r

But if you’re racing superstock classes, you don’t really have much of a choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I just fell in love.... It reminds me of the Suzuka 8hrs color scheme.

16. JBowen33

Yeah your right... you piss and overpay a lot of money for a bike that can’t compete with other manufactures base models.

Essentially in a nut shell you buy the Honda and you Lorenzo yourself lol

17. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

that zook 1000 in red/black ain’t the base model :p

that’s the RR :D

18. JBowen33

Talking about the Honda

19. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I thought we were talking base models verses the Honda.

I like my Honda, it’s been good while other shit I’ve rode with fell apart along the road well traveled.

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think a Honda was always built to last longer. But they gave up somme performance. Go and check them both out in 15 years, the Honda will hold up better.

ducnut and nlzmo400r like this.