1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do all turtles bite?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 8, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There were two of them in a yard next door to where I was doing some work several years ago. They were having turtle sex.

He would pull back... slowly... then (slowly) do the next down stroke with his head thrown back letting out a "" haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"" bleat.

I haven't laughed that much about any sex act I've ever witnessed... to include losing my virginity.

I think I have a video, somewhere. I'll look for it tonight when I get home.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Rabbits probably laugh at humans having sex, too.

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

<3

They non-aggressive in the water....they feel safe.
    On land, they are scared, in defense mode.
    Cool u have two in pond....they are very cool animals

4. I’ve seen some offshore Africa that appeared to be at least 2m long.

...this is in over 2000m water depth. Nowhere near land.

I reckon those bigass ones just stay in the water all the time?

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Leatherback sea turtles can be 7ft long and can dive down over 4000ft, eating mostly jellyfish. Saw one in South Carolina on a beach at night and have been fascinated ever since.

Gorilla George and SpeedyE like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Broome, you need a dog. A big, drooly, farts a lot and fetches 4 x 4s dog. Newfoundland, yeap, one of them.

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pretty much, except to lay their eggs.

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

And steal children from their homes sleeping peacefully in their beds.

SpeedyE and R Acree like this.
  9. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

When I was 13 or 14 I caught a large angry snapping turtle, took it home as a pet for a few months. Fed it minnows/etc. Couple weeks into it you could pick it up and carry it around like a harmless box turtle, scratch its head/neck/etc....would eat hotdog chunks out of your hand. Very Docile. Amazing what wild animals become when they do not feel fear.

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

How much is all that in 'murican?

:D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

'bout tree fiddy.

12. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Nope.....he needs a Boxer! Big, energetic, muscular fartballs that totally would fit his personality! Love our goofball Rocky!

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I bet he'd have several if it wasn't for his work and being gone all the time.

Gorilla George and SpeedyE like this.
  14. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

It's not mine a local lady has it. It's the same kind as what Garth posted. An African Spurred Tortoise also called a Salcuta Tortoise. The lady said that it likes to be petted just like her dogs.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Lol yep totally harmless.

16. sdg

sdg *

What's the biggest snapper you've seen? I saw one dead in southern IN around '99 that I swear could have taken an adult human male foot off

17. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

All I can add is this: F'n snappin' turtles are faster than you can imagine. They can spin 180 degrees in a nano-second with the neck extended and the mouth coming down on the first thing in reach. Whoever posted they were slow and you could grab them by the tail apparently was Damn lucky. For the record, I had one bend a piece of conduit like Tootsie roll. Leave the MF'rs

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Does your turtle bite?
    No.
    <angry turtle noises and broome now missing a finger>
    I thought you said your turtle didn't bite?
    That's not my turtle.

19. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

If its got a beak dont mess with it. Good rule in life. Birds bite damn hard too

20. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Used to be a huge turtle that lived near t3 at Roebling. I first saw it during a race cause I thought it was a big rock. On the next lap around it was closer to the track than before lol. After the race i saw a corner worker moving it.... it looked like it weighed 40 lbs or better.

SpeedyE likes this.