1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do all turtles bite?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

What about using the turtle as a frisbee?

2. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

I adopted this as my team name because I'm ALMOST as aerodynamic as a turtle strapped to a rocket.
    [​IMG]

RossK6, spoon32, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Remember, this fool is the one who was whining because he wanted to go back and play with a donkey he met somewhere.

Gorilla George and dtalbott like this.
  4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Not only that, supposedly (wives tale) if they latch on to you they won't let go till it lightnings.

Steeltoe likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I had a female Red Ear Slider (RES) turtle for five years or so in my back yard pond. It was @ 15 years old and I got it at the local petsmart as a rescue turtle. I would move it back in house in an aquarium over the winter and back out in Spring, She never bit me but I never gave her the chance LOL. Then one day she disappeared. It sucked.
    6959755E-E15E-4BA4-B65B-C26908D214EA.jpeg

Bloodhound, Potts N Pans and SpeedyE like this.
  6. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Softshell/Pancake turtle out of water on road, they bite, they FAST, you wont catch.
    Snapping turtle, slow movers, have literally alligator tail...pick up by base of tail or back of shell.....no worries.
    Any other turtle, you good to go, no worries.
    Keep doing good things, Broome :) <3

Gorilla George and scottn like this.
  7. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

a family in our town has a land tortoise that is an escape artist. The thing is probably 90 pounds and likes to go on walk about during the summer. Their yard is fenced in, he just digs under and wonders around. It's pretty funny to see a 90 pound tortoise just cruising down the sidewalk...slowly. The neighborhood facebook pages are pretty funny when people start reporting him cruising.

SpeedyE and G 97 like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

SpeedyE and Gorilla George like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Someone needs to get Morty laid.

10. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Here's our local tortoise...I had to go back to the facebook post, his name is Sheldon maybe he was looking for some lovin' too.

tortoise.jpg

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This seem relevant today (given the randomness of Chris' post).

My daughter walks up to me this morning around 6:40am and says, " Hey Dad, did you know that when gila monsters bite you it's poisonous too?". I said," good to know."

She smiled and walked away...

:D

gpz11 and SpeedyE like this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We've got at least 2 snappers in the pond at camp. I saw the smaller one this fall in shallow water when I was just floating in the canoe. He didn't take off, I sat there watching him, he sat there watching me. Put the canoe paddle down in front of his face hoping he'd bite on it, no luck. He finally took off when I tapped his shell with the paddle. He / she about a foot long.
    The other one I saw once last year, it was huge. A honest 2 feet long. Big enough I wouldn't get too close and fuck with it.

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. Banditracer

Looks like he found some boobies.

Senna likes this.
  14. Banditracer

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Don't go skinny dipping unless you want to sing soprano.....

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

We used to have a lot of big snappers, and painted turtles at the cottage. They would lay eggs up on the hill out front, and we would pick up all the babies and take them back down to the water when they hatched. I always wanted to bring one home, but never did. Pretty cool watching the babies dig themselves out of the sand.

969 likes this.
  17. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Gotdamn boy you are legit. My brotha.

19. Damn that’s awesome!

Now I want a bigass pet turtle.

What kind is it? Where did you get it?

That’s one I can play with. :D

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version