1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning things up south o’ the border...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Nov 7, 2019.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

See? Why can’t we deal with dirty cops in the US like this?

Oh. Wait...

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Spain should be forced to pay the USA reparations.

ChemGuy, MachineR1 and pickled egg like this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

This is what happens when there are no consequences for illegal behavior. Build the freakin wall. Let US users OD if that is their choice. They are complicit by participation in the illegal market.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Headline says that he was murdered after being shot 155 times...

Damn tough sumbitch.

Chino52405 and MachineR1 like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They shot him 155 times and THEN murdered him? Wow.

6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

He was killed to death.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

[​IMG]

ChemGuy likes this.
  8. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Imagine you have access to your municipalities naloxone usage numbers, it's simply unreal.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I was being a bit facetious, but IMHO, I have a concern regarding OD. It is at some level, a deterrent (for some) to abusing certain drugs. Removing the consequences can actually promote the behavior.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

At the hospital where my sister works they have
    people regularly overdosing in the parking lot.
    They are shooting up in the parking lot to be
    close to the ER because there so much bad
    stuff out there. As soon as they are resuscitated
    and stabilized they refuse treatment and leave;
    they may be back the next week with another OD.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Maybe who ever is getting them the help when they find them ODing needs to just turn around and walk away. I bet after a little while it wouldn't be a problem anymore.

ducnut likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...until the person is willing to make a change all you are doing is postponing the inevitable. We have at least one of those in the family. Dude is brilliant, but he cannot, and does not want to clean up. If he doesn't OD, he will probably exit early due to the damage he has done to his liver (and other organs). Such a waste. The impact it has on the rest of the family has mitigated any sympathy I might have felt. His almost ex-wife passed a few weeks back. No cause determined, but there are suspicions that it was vaping related.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That was my point. It probably sounds cruel to some but after being brought back from multiple OD's they obviously don't give a fuck about staying alive so fuck em, let them die. The stories the EMT's have of saving junkies 6 or more times is bullshit. What a waste of time and money. If you don't care enough to save yourself - good bye.

tl1098 and crashman like this.
  14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

This 100%.

15. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Do you mind if I ask what was causing the suspicion of vaping being related to her death?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I wish I had details. I got the speculation second hand. I don't know if the suspicions are simply people looking to blame or if they have a basis in reality. That side of the family has....issues.

17. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

My roommate in college was a paramedic. He wanted to host a class and call it “Suicide 101, getting it right the first time.”

He hated calls for “attempted suicide.” After long enough to become cynical, he’d ask the person “so, is this your first cry form help?”

18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Ban Narcan and just let ‘em go.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I listened to a podcast the other day about opioid addiction and the fentanyl crisis. Oddly enough, opioids are relatively safe. The problem is that since it’s illegal, users don’t know for sure what they’re getting. Imagine getting used to drinking two whiskey cocktails every evening with dinner. You’re fine and dandy with a little 80 proof. Then one day, totally unbeknownst to you, your whiskey is 200 proof and your two cocktails is equivalent to 10. That’s what’s happening with all these OD’s.

The conspiracy theorist in me questions where the shit is coming from. Why would drug makers and dealers want to kill off their customers? Is someone else behind the fentanyl spiking?

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'll do your conspiracy one better...There has been much progress in changing the mindset in the US regarding legalization of certain drugs. One of the prime reasons is that substances like marijuana really are not that bad. Legal substances are worse than dead users. Fear keeps them in the high dollar marketplace.

Would you like to borrow my special alloy tinfoil hat?