1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sounds like the Aprilia RS660 is happening

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Mar 27, 2019.

1. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

KTM Just dropped the 890 Today. Claimed 16bhp increase

"KTM claims puts out 121 hp and 73 lb-ft of torque"

https://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ktm/2020-ktm-890-duke-r-first-look.html

ducnut likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  3. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

LOL...

#1. 790 was never gonna be allowed anyways.
    #2. The 790 is still being made, the 890R is just an (awesome) addition to the lineup - now they have the 390, 690, 790, 890R, 1290R Dukes... Actually the 690 may be discontinued now, not sure.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I feel bad for the dealers who are going to be expected to floor that lineup. When one adds in all the ADV and dirtbike variants, it’s getting stupid.

Banditracer likes this.
  5. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Maybe but you gotta love KTM for having the balls to give us some awesome $hit.

Gorilla George and ducnut like this.
  6. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

There is. https://www.lamotowashington.com/

2blueYam likes this.
  7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

No shit... there's not many displacements left to cover- 390,690,790,890,990,1090,1190,1290. Though I wouldn't kick a 590 twin out of bed...

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

9. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

If only things worked that way.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Also this guy in the Florida panhandle he'll treat ya right! :eek:

11. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Release date?

12. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

AF1 says they’re not expecting it before July.

13. rhinorsv

rhinorsv Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they are just ok. Buddy of mine took his rsv4 to them and they scratched his baby up pretty fierce and left off bolts etc. attn to detail was a bit lacking. Nice showroom though

14. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Bummer
    Thank you

15. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

And another guy on the AF1 forum left his there for service and it was stolen.

I've only been there once and that was to pick up some valve shims.

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's not just OK. That's unacceptable from a franchised dealer or any shop for that matter.

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Also, for those complaining about parts availability, has anyone bought aprilia parts in the last 2-3 years?

I only ask because it seems like to me in the last 5 years of selling them, I have had zero issues with parts (other than really specialized stuff that had to come from Italy) but for the everyday bikes, including wrecked parts and hard parts, its been less than a week to get parts to my customers.

I hate that follows them around like people still complaining about Ducati rocker arms. LOL

MachineR1, Phl218 and ducnut like this.
  18. rhinorsv

I can confirm they are still good to go...I have a 1st gen rsv mille twin that I can get stuff for quickly. Either the guys in deep creek md or af1

Phl218 likes this.
  19. rhinorsv

I will say they made it right with some carbon frame covers (they scratched his frame) but he had to be a major D about it and they coughed up fair compensation. If that’s worth anything.

20. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Crank for sxv 450 is basically not possible, other engine internals and misc hard parts are also hard to get but the bike is 12 years old at this point