1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sounds like the Aprilia RS660 is happening

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Mar 27, 2019.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

yet it’s starting out stock with more hp than a built super bike SV motor?What happens when the motor is built? How much more hp does it gain then?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

What are we, in 1993? :D

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Hey! Everything old becomes new again.

If the castings on my VFR frame weren’t so coarse, I would’ve polished the frame and swingarm on it. That’s the kind of stuff I remember most from my heydays.

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Steeltoe a is a cracker ass cracker.

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

15 HP is "a little" on top of 70 HP?

7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

That’s my next bike!
    Wish it came with white wheels. :(

Metalhead, Phl218 and ducnut like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

WANABE RACER likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

you sell barillas? is there a waiting list for the RS660 already?

10. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

AF1 is taking 500.00 deposits now.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Yes, I have 2 deposits already. Also $500 to get your name on "the list"

Steeltoe and Phl218 like this.
  12. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yeah, If that is a crank number it won’t be that far ahead of the FZ or SV stuff stock. I’d bet it won’t be hard to get substantially more out of it though....

Would be nice to see Suzuki update the SV engine a bit to level the playing field.

ducnut likes this.
  13. :crackup:

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

i will probably make that a family trip to the beach next year and coincidentally swing by for a demo ride.

15. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

If Aprilia's claims are anywhere close to what KTM claims then I think this RS660 will be a current Twins class killer for sure.

KTM 790 - claimed 104hp and in reality on a dyno they are 95ish. Wet weight is 412lbs on mine.
    Aprilia claim 100hp so I'd guess at least 90rwhp and a same wet weight of 412lbs which is 20lbs lighter than a stock SV.

Clearly some bikes can lose more weight when put into track trim so that's an unknown but if those numbers are similar you'd have a bike making 20 more ponies, likely 4-5ft lbs more, and weighing 20lbs less - those figures will overcome a lot of rider talent deficiencies.

Robby_Bobby says "under $13k" which is insane money for a middleweight twin in comparison however - assuming it's just under $13k. At $12,499 it's $5,000 more than a Suzuki - damn. Then again, a SB motor build costs $5k so there is that.

16. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Lol beat me to it.

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Xtreme Powersports in Maryland surpassed AF1 as the largest Aprilia dealer in the US several years ago. Every time I've been up there they have had a bare minimum of 3 bikes of each trim on the actual floor itself. They also still have the rare Factory LE's still in stock.

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Only because there are so few other Ape dealers around this part of the country. Damn 3 hour drive from DC. :mad:
    There is a dealer down in the Va Beach area that is "only" a two hour drive. With nearly 10 million people in the Baltimore / DC area you would think they could have a dealer a bit closer than that.

19. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Even better video. Anyone complaining about the awesomeness of this thing compared to anything else on the market should ban themselves...

ducnut and 5axis like this.
  20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You may want to call ahead to make sure there is one there to demo. ;)

ducnut and Phl218 like this.