1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CHawk VS Capit

Discussion in 'General' started by JBowen33, Nov 4, 2019.

1. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Looking at upgrading to better warmers and narrowed it down between the Chicken Hawk “Digital” Professional and the Capit Factory set.

Leaning towards the Capits due to the max temperatures are higher.

Any insight on ether brand would be appreciated.

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I think the nod to the Capit is that they draw less amps/watts.

I've thought about switching from my Chickenhawk Standards to the Capit for that reason alone......

3. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Dave at CH has been building warmers forever so he clearly knows what he's doing. Plus his customer service was top notch anytime I had to use it.

black knight, TurboBlew and JBowen33 like this.
  4. JBowen33

I’m not too worried about wattage usage that’s the last of my concerns. I did see during my research the capits are the highest at 800 watts a tire.

5. JBowen33

I’ve heard through a few people they stand by their products which is a huge plus.

6. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I'm guessing if the Capit has some sort of a problem, you'll probably be sending them back to Italy to be repaired.

I like that Dave is in NY and is easily accessible.

JBowen33 likes this.
  7. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I bought Capit's cheapest set a year ago to try them out. I think it was the Maxima. They dont have a thermostat and claim to self regulate to 85C. I plugged them in the garage and measured 95C. Tech support was surprised about that temp when I emailed them. So I returned them and bought some Woodcrafts.

8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

how have the woodcrafts been for you? I need to buy my first set of warmers next season, and I love everything else woodcraft.

9. loser

loser Well-Known Member

I will always vote Chicken Hawk. Always.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got a set of CH dual temp, not digital, used one weekend for sale. PM me if your interested.

11. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

im happy with them. ive been racing for 8yrs and have 2 sets now. the thermostats seem to go bad after ~5yrs and Woodcraft will repair them.

Senna likes this.
  12. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Good to know. I've had mine for over 3 years now and the little LED lights are very faint, but the warmers still get nice and hot. I'm going to send them in for service in December.

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I have two sets of Woodcrafts and think they are great. The first set is about 8 years old, but I did send that set back to Woodcraft a couple years ago to have a new switch and cord installed. The new switch was a big upgrade. The warmers themselves are still good and the ones I use for my R1. I use an old set of CH single temp for my SV. The new Woodcrafts sit in the bag as a backup set for when one of the old sets eventually does fail.

The good / bad with the Woodcraft is the plug system. The bad is you can forget to plug the warmer together after you put it on the tire. The good is that you don't have to worry about unplugging them or turning them off because they "unplug" when you remove them from the tire. So you will almost never see a Woodcraft warmer with a burn mark on it.

14. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Check out Maxem.

Thermostatically Controlled to 176 F / 80C
    Will operate off of a 1000-watt generator (approx. 750W draw)
    3 Year Warranty

Bought mine through Motovation

15. JBowen33

I’m interested in the ones I mentioned because they have the highest temp 195 for the chicken hawk and 205 for the capits which I need. 176 is too low

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Why do you think you need that much heat?

speedluvn likes this.
  17. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

My Capits have been more reliable than my Chicken Hawks (single temp). I have had several sets of each

JBowen33 likes this.
  18. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

We used both Chicken Hawk and CapIt digital display warmers with the race team.
    Capit
    Pro - Nice even temperature
    Pro - Not as much power needed
    Con - Took awhile to get up to full temp (that was with blankets or neoprene tire wraps over the warmers)
    Con - Control buttons were too small

Chicken Hawk
    Pro - Excellent customer service and after sale support
    Pro - Quick to warm up and no additional covers needed
    Pro - Professional Series has less spacing between elements and more than double the amount of element compared to the Classic series)

19. JBowen33

I started running SC0’s the end of this year.

20. JBowen33

Thank you for the reply. Seems that Chicken Hawk stands behind their products