1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good book/ movie

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

The Ultimate gift.Read the book twice years ago. They made into a movie on YouTube I watched tonight. Fair warning don't watch it with a chick or you might lose your man card but its a cool story

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Check out "Into the Wild" sometime if you can find it.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Why would you lose your man card? Not crying when you should? Pffff crying with a chick during a movie makes more than just her eyes get errrrr......umm.......get opposite of dry.:flag:

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. If that is the case, then I lost my Man Card when I watched "A Dog's Purpose".

The one where the dog keeps dying, but then his "spirit" comes back in another dog, over and over. Granted, he kept coming back, but in order to come back it meant he had to die over and over. I am not too proud to admit that movie fucked me up. I mean, I was still fucked up even after it was over.

I wanted to watch it, because it had dogs in it. I had no idea it was going to go like that. I would have never watched it if I woulda known that's how it goes. I couldn't handle it.

Senna, Banditracer and SpeedyE like this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Sorry, but I just can't deal with that story. The guy died because he was stupid. To die where and how he did is beyond my comprehension. To go into the wilderness ill prepared got him what he got. Plus, if a bus got in there at some point, he could have easily walked out. I think the book and movie is a testament to Darwin in action.

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Believe me it can happen, I have spent 3 summers in 3 different remote camps in Alaska. Most crazy people look at a map and end up as far as you can be north, the opposite more broke criminal end is to drive south to Florida. But either way you meet some interesting characters

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Wife and I watched and I'll admit I teared up a few times, like when he was tied outside with the owner that was a shit head. Have seen it come up in the movie guide several times since and we haven't been able to watch it again.

8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Have you read The Art of Racing in the Rain?

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  9. Nope, I’ve never read a book.

ToofPic likes this.
  10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

They just released a movie adaptation, but the book is better. Should give it a shot.

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Ever seen "Marley and Me?"

Phl218 likes this.
  12. I’ll watch the movie, I can’t read books.

13. I can’t remember. Is that the one with the big Marmadukeass dog in it?

If it’s got animals in it, chances are I have seen it. But I don’t remember it or what it was about.

14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

How is this ^^^ even possible ? How did you learn all your work related stuff ?

15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

dyslexia or just don’t like ‘em?

16. Robin172

If you'd seen it you'd remember it.

17. On the job, hands-on training. Plus lots of clinics/school where I sat in a classroom, listened, and did drills using simulators and shit.

If I need the answer to something, I can find it in the glossary and go directly to it. No need to read an entire book.

ADHD combined with mild reading comprehension issues.

I can read fast, but I’m just saying the words in my head. Once I’m done reading a page, I have no idea what I read. It doesn’t “soak in”, or even make sense sometimes.

That’s why I don’t read long posts on the internet (or magazine articles). If I want to make sense of it, I have to read it 5-10x, really slow. But when trying to do that, I get frustrated that I’m “locked” into that one thing, get aggravated, and lose interest. So I don’t even try.

The hardest thing for me is having to do something by reading the instructions. If they are longer than “Grab item A and flip it over”, I’m lost.

It’s challenging sometimes, but I manage and have gotten good at hiding/masking it.

Gixxerguy855 and Senna like this.
  18. Ah, well shit. Sounds like I might not want to see it.

19. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Well, yes. I was referring to the events of the movie prior to the last few minutes. Where a guy decided to leave a sheltered life and get out and explore....nobody ever said life had a storybook ending.

20. Robin172

You will need a big box of tissues.