1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y'all got toddlers?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Oct 19, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Or you put the kid on the bike like my dad did and push his ass down the road and he will figure it out. Next we will have real live unicorns for kids to learn to ride on.

grasshopper likes this.
  3. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I have two of them for my 3 and 6 year olds. They are really badass and they can ride regular bikes too. Works better than a 50 for us because you can ride these anywhere. Pretty sure my neighbors would not be pumped if we were doing motos in the ‘hood.

We were at the park last weekend and my oldest was riding his and met two other kids his age on bicycles. He let them both ride it and by the end both kids were begging their parents to get a Motorcycle. These are the gateway drug to dirt bikes haha!

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I just feel price needs to come down alittle. We have one for a pit bike for the boy if there weren't so high.

418 likes this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Spoiled little fucks. Learn how to pedal.

Wheel Bearing, grasshopper and cav115 like this.
  6. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

that would be cool if they made a fatter tire, slightly bigger wheel 65-85 size for the 6-10 yr. range

for the hood, obviously.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Take the pedals off, go to a sloped parking lot, let them glide down. They'll be asking for the pedals to be put back on in 5 minutes.

Bugslayer likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

I like Strider Bikes to start with, but that's cool. can learn throttle earlier, and since they grew up on that, maybe they could win that elusive Throttle Championship, or at least be ranked

9. amartin

amartin Well-Known Member

I kinda get it, but the kid in the video is 4. I hate to say it, but if your kid can't pedal a bicycle by 4, you've failed as a dad.

grasshopper and BigBird like this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's how I learned.

11. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Well, my name is Todd. Does that count?

12. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I was concerned I'd have to get something like these for my kids but tbh it looked economically built and a bit slow. No rush from my side.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Me as well. My grandmother held the bike while I got on, she pushed and I kept going until I hit something or fell. After a couple of crashes, I learned not to hit things.

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Is the bike big enough for a six year old? In a month I’ll have 5 and 7 year old daughters and this would be a perfect gateway to get them to ride the 50 sitting in my garage.

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I ordered the 16 inch - will report back with a review once it's here.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

I am doing the Stryder (success) to pedal bike with and then without training wheels (success) via 50 with training wheels (success with external impulse setback) to 2-up riding on the 50 with transitioning controls (success) to letting him ride by himself (soon). He’s only 4, but he rode the 50 with training wheels at 2.5 and is now on the pumptrack with the pedal bike.

orangesuzuki, BigBird, pscook and 2 others like this.
  17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

My almost 3 year old has been doing great on the Strider for over a year now and seems to fully understand the throttle when he sits on my bikes... Hoping he can get on a 50 next summer and transfer the skills. I was shocked how fast he got comfortable with direction changes with his feet up and overall survival skills (know which foot to put down and when, etc).

BigBird likes this.
  18. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Sounds like most missed the point. I don’t think this is to learn how to ride a bicycle. I think they are trying to ease the transition from bicycle to dirt bike without pissing off the neighbors or having to load up and go somewhere...I think it’s pretty damned cool.

DmanSlam, masshole, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid: I think this dude gets it.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If the point is to eventually get the dirt bike you're right back to 'pissing off the neighbors or having to load up and go somewhere'.
    It is cool but the marketing hype is a bit thick. ;)