1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track incident or someone's fault?

Discussion in 'General' started by Aglareinmyeyes, Oct 10, 2019.

?

Pay for damage to his truck from wind gust and easy-up contact

1. Pay 100% for his repairs

81.5%
  2. Pay 50% of his repairs

4.0%
  3. Pay 25% of his repairs

3.2%
  4. Pay nothing

11.3%
  1. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I know a good one in Salt Lake City...Flexible remuneration. Ever wanted to be a coffee table for a couple hours?

R Acree, SGVRider and TurboBlew like this.
  2. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Turn it into insurance. That way there will be a carfax/ accident on his truck.

4. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Note to self. Load 2 tons of weight in the back of my pickup to secure my canopy. Check...

Jon Wilkens and MachineR1 like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Or use the truck.

BigBird and Bruce like this.
  6. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

One thing I've noticed over the years is how many people don't use stakes on canopies. I have e-clips on the bottom rails on the outside pass side of the trailer that I put clip in rings and use ratchet straps to the canopy. Also have 2 large dog screw in tie outs that I can put into he ground on the other side of the canopy and use straps on that side also. That combined with 4 long stakes through the feet of the canopy hold it down quite well. Even 30mph gusts didn't pull it out. Made a lot of racket, but stayed put.

Then again its hard to secure a canopy when clowns put the canopy halfway out into the paddock road because they don't want to park their bike in the grass.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  7. Lord Ganesha

Lord Ganesha Outsourced Deity

Who are you calling weird? 23 arms, give me a break! I only have four, although some artists, who apparently found my father's ganja stash, paint me with six arms.
    I would be most happy to appear at one of your riders meetings and tell you to your face, you screwed up, you pay. If you want to try to blame me, Buddy Christ, Mohammad,
    Buddah or the Flying Spaghetti Monster for your stupid, be ready to face our wrath!

Ducti89, pscook and ToofPic like this.
  8. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I need it for the other 2 legs.

9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Do you have any nudes?Maybe of a hot sister?I don't believe you represent,but willing to help you in any way I can.Praise Allah!!

10. Lord Ganesha

Lord Ganesha Outsourced Deity

You say you want naked pictures of me? Be very careful! In my world men who want naked pictures of men get rocks thrown at them! I have no sister but my friend Lakshmi is very hot! I asked her if she has been eating lemons, most of her pictures look like this. When you come back in your next life as a swine, maybe then you will agree that I represent! Allah may give you 72 virgins, but I can assure you that they will not
    look like the Playboy models that you fap to.

[​IMG]

pscook likes this.
  11. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

"Act of God" is an insurance term related to comprehensive claims. Nothing to do with religion.

12. :stupid:

People need to realize that a good gust of wind can create upwards of 400 pounds of lift on a 10x10 canopy. When you get into the 10x15 and 10x20 canopies, you are talking about some serious uplift. Hooking them to a bicycle or bucket with a few gallons of water (fresh water weighs 8.3lbs/gal) isn't going to do shit.

roy826ex and BigBird like this.
  13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Nut up, and buy the man a new truck!

14. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Great...here's Broome bringing common sense into a 9 page deep thread...

(thank you)

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

pay up.jpg

On a related note, I've always ratchet strapped my EZ up to the side of my trailer so it doesn't take flight. Its less work than lugging buckets filled with water and takes just a couple minutes to secure it.

I've also seen a wind gust turn a canopy into a trebuchet, sending gas cans or a mounted tire into orbit. I'd feel like such an asshole if I sent a spare tire flying into someone's child, or a filled gas can landing on somebodies lit barbeque grill. Not likely to happen, but its something that crosses my mind when I see a half assed pit set up.

16. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

So those that secure with buckets, spare tires, full gas cans are half assed?:confused:

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not all of them. Some of them are full assed.

brex likes this.
  18. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Ok...just wanted to clear that up.

R Acree likes this.
  19. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

Do I think those who do it that way are half assed people? No. I don't mean to insult anybody personally. I just think that this method of holding down a canopy is flawed and can potentially be dangerous.

Having seen it go wrong, a 40lb flammable object is not an ideal anchor in my opinion. I make it a point to "wind proof" my pit set up. Strapping my EZ up tight to my trailer has been working for me.

Its better to have some kind of ballast than nothing, obviously. I just think a canopy should be fastened to something substantial enough to not blow away and inflict $1500 in body damage to someone's vehicle. I don't want to be liable for that, so I go a little overboard with securement and I would love it if people would do the same.

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

In case you didn't read the OP, one side of the canopy in this case was tied to a trailer. The canopy didn't blow away. The side away from the trailer moved or lifted up enough to scratch the truck that was parked near it. I secure my canopy to my trailer when possible - i.e. everywhere I go but NCBike. The question is what do you use on the other side of the canopy? I have a 150lb+ Yamaha 3000W inverter I use for that even if I am plugged into the electric at the track. The other thing that can help more than you think is having a vent in the top of the canopy. The unvented ones can produce a lot more lift for the same wind speed vs. one with a vent. Granted, they are not as ideal for the rain, as you will get some moisture in but that beats having your canopy lift your stuff off the ground or throw it around.

Note: at NCBike, I use ground anchors / tent stakes on one side as a previous poster suggested. This method can not be done at some tracks because the pits areas are all pavement.

BigBird likes this.