1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track incident or someone's fault?

Discussion in 'General' started by Aglareinmyeyes, Oct 10, 2019.

?

Pay for damage to his truck from wind gust and easy-up contact

1. Pay 100% for his repairs

81.5%
  2. Pay 50% of his repairs

4.0%
  3. Pay 25% of his repairs

3.2%
  4. Pay nothing

11.3%
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I been busy, time to play catch up and repeat what others have said :crackup:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is no such thing at a track unless it's tied to your truck on one side and trailer on the other. Look at it as a parachute. Anything less than a few hundred pounds isn't enough and even that can be iffy. A 20 pound toolbox isn't remotely enough.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I haven't even pulled ours out of the truck yet, don't want to get all pissed off all over again until I have to...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I prefer 2 buckets per leg.

Another thing to do is put sides on it, if the wind can't get under it can't lift.

ToofPic likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is a race track. That is ALWAYS a possibility and you should be prepared for such. A toolbox or a couple of rims and a gas can is not reasonably tied down, it is always insufficient.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, caught now. :D

7. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

If there is no way to safely tie down a canopy, they should be banned. If there is a way to do it safely, and someone does so.....then if it still flies it's an act of God.

I get that some of you disagree, but you won't change my mind. I've seen enough insurance claims.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Bug...

since you’re all caught up. :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is a way to do them safely and what was described isn't it...

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

11. Dragginass

And that's a fair position. Most of the debate was because some people think he would be liable simply because the canopy was his.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He should be. If the weather was such there is no safe way to tie it down then it should be taken down. No matter what the responsibility is on the person who put it up.

13. Dragginass

This is OOC. My last post. If someone secures a canopy safely, and a freak weather event occurs, it's an act of God. The end. Have a good day, gents.

Bruce and 418 like this.
  14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

But who is the secured safely Police? Should canopy securement get teched? Maybe whats good for you,isnt good enough for me?
    There's Talladega storms,then there's just windy sunny days.
    Lets please go waay deeper into this..drag it out,if you will?:Poke:

15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

If you're taking the act of god route... and god gave humans the emotion of rage and free will... if your canopy damages my truck and you think you shouldn't pay for it, and I walk over and kick your bike over off its stand, is that not but an act of god as well? God shouldn't have let me feel that way if he didn't want your shit fucked up... not my fault.

BigBird and badmoon692008 like this.
  17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

What If Im Muslim,or Allah,or that weird 23 armed elephant thingy?
    Will this be covered in riders meeting? Discuss..
    1928185-VAPAQQEV-6.jpg

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys might not want to continue down that road.

BigBird likes this.
  19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

3' screwdrivers are for sissies!

Im on HFs site now securing some 8' augers!! :D

BigBird likes this.
  20. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I backed into a Jag once with my '79 Caprice Classic at the Jockey Lot when I was a teenager and the cops said the same thing. Now that I am a grown-up, I would pay to fix it, but I was a dipshit brokeass teenager at the time.

speedluvn likes this.