1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks NBA!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Oct 8, 2019.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I can now forever ignore both you, as well as the NFL. F you forever.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/stor...ckets-gm-tweet-hong-kong-protests-daryl-morey

Meanwhile, for the first time, I will watch Southpark.

https://twitter.com/ericfish85/status/1180548196097040384

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Gotta love how communist ideology had the proletariat kicked it into gear denouncing one team GM in only a few hours.

NBA is backpedaling so hard that it’s time for a new rear tire.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Quicktoy and YamahaRick like this.
  3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I can't really follow the NBA less than I already did, but this is honestly one of the most disgusting examples of both hypocrisy and selling out that I have ever seen. Clay Travis had a great take on yesterday where he compared this to the NBA pulling the all star game out of Charlotte over the transgender bathroom bill, yet they have no problem playing in China and taking their money despite all of the actual human rights abuses that are state sanctioned there. Watching all of these NBA fools trip over themselves to apologize to China is sad. What a bunch of sellouts.

4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

You know things are going left when they agreed to change the labeling of the team owners.

5. Resident Plarp

NBA, NFL, NCAA - the only commitment is money.

jrsamples and YamahaRick like this.
  6. Resident Plarp

Two preseason broadcasts have been cancelled on ChiCom TV in retaliation for one man’s comments. Later today, CP members will meet with NBA leadership to give the latter their marching orders for official communications to all “fans.” Pamphlets will be distributing with CP-approved talking points and the tip of metaphorical bayonettes.

7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Big fans before this? Nothing LeBron has said already had you swearing to the beeb to never watch the NBA again?

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I wish I liked this sport enough to make a spectacle of walking away but I cant even name any of the last five champions.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Last time I was serious about the NBA sir Charles and Dr J were playing.....:eek:

Pixelator likes this.
  10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

South Park proves yet again that they can predict the future. That episode aired before Daryl Morey made the tweet and even had the Rockets featured in it:crackup: Not only that, it was brilliant. Even Steve Kerr suddenly is "not educated enough on the situation to have an opinion" when he has never shied away from giving his perspective in the past.

Montoya, tl1098 and Quicktoy like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Who listens to that idiot or what he says?

12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Steve Kerr sounded like someone who lost his teleprompter as he bumbled through that response.

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1181406252028424192

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Haven't really been an NBA fan for many years. I was a Knicks fan growing up when Ewing, Oakley, Starks, etc were still playing. I was also a big Rodman fan before I went completely cuckoo. That said, the NBA still deserves to have their feet held the fire when they want to preach at everyone about their social consciousness, but then bow down before their Chinese masters in a quest for the almighty dollar.

Lebron just arrived in China. Like him or not, a lot of people look to him as the voice of the league. Anyone think he will have anything meaningful to say while on Chinese soil?

BigBird likes this.
  14. shakazulu12

He's not going to say a damn thing, probably going to going to be like when Rodman went to North Korea.

15. shakazulu12

That being said, I watch movies with actors who make stupid statements all the time and still like watching basketball. However, I will absolutely enjoy watching the league flounder it's way through this debacle. What is hilarious to me is the internal league communications to the players right now can probably be summed up as "shut up and play". James Harden went full bitch mode in professing his love for China and a lot of mid-tier players have shoe contracts with Chinese companies now.

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

About a billion more people than you?
    About the same era...Motor City Bad Boys (awesome Rodman) rivalry with Jordan/Pippen and then a little bit after that with some guys like Iverson. LeBron in China is interesting because his brand in China carries about the same weight as the NBA.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Heard about this on the drive to work this morning. I tried watching parts of the final series earlier this year for the first time in over a decade. Just reminded me why I have zero interest in the NBA. This is yet another notch in that column.
    I wasn't planning to watch any of the finals this year anyway, so no impact from my side. I enjoyed the game in the 70s, 80s and 90s. But it went downhill fast when Jordan left for good. No defense, all about me, etc.

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Loved watching Iverson play. At work, we were just talking about that 76er team that he took to finals and how after game 1, we actually thought he might be able to single handedly beat the mighty Lakers.

SuddenBraking and Chino52405 like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

The world has you and it’s idiots, I suppose.

20. shakazulu12

Iverson was such an incredible force. It's a shame his career ended how it did. I still remember meeting him and realizing he was the same size as I was, and yet was basically playing 1 on 5 every night in a league full of physical freaks and coming out on top more often than not. I actually kind of hope to see him in broadcasting as his ability to articulate in his own way has grown tremendously as he's gotten older. Sort of how Tracy McGrady and Pippen have become pretty good commentators.

BigBird and Chino52405 like this.