1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CABS techtronics 06+ yamaha r6 issue?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Throttle_jockey712, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Throttle_jockey712

Throttle_jockey712 Active Member

Hello Motorcycle Gurus of the WERA forums

Wired up a Techtronics auto blipper on my 06 yamaha r6, and have a question regarding the 'blip'

Before I start, I have emailed techtronics directly about 2 weeks ago(nothing back), searched high and low regarding this matter, and can't seem to find the answer.

Back ground
    I haven't been to the track yet until this weekend, so everything has been 'tested' with the bike on the rear stand.

I have the CABS wired as per the instructions, and the blip does actually work when i down shift.

My concern is that the my throttle tube moves when I activate the auto blip.
    Is this normal?

I have only ridden one bike with a blip system, and that was a BMW s1000 at Philip Island. I don't recall having the throttle tube move when I down shifted.

Just confirming, that anyone with a CABS techtronics that the throttle tube moves when you activate 'the blip'

2. Shuma-gorath

Shuma-gorath Well-Known Member

Yes the throttle tube will move. There is a linkage on the throttle body that connects the valves to the tps sensor.
    At least that is how it is on my r1, i dont think they would change it on the r6.

Throttle_jockey712 and TurboBlew like this.
  3. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

You'll get used to it

Throttle_jockey712 likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

how does it activate?? thru the clutch switch?

5. Throttle_jockey712

Throttle_jockey712 Active Member

You wire it to the brake switch to 'turn on' the unit,

then it gets wired to the clutch switch to ground..

Idea is that when you are on the brakes, it activates the unit, and when you pull in the clutch it will blip the throttle so you can down shift.

There are few different methods or hacks with it.

What i have done, was hard wired the unit, and added a handle bar switch. Instead of the clutch to activate it, it is wired to a Pull sensor on the shift rod.

so you can now do clutch less down shifts

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the throttle tube turns? in your hand? wow.

7. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

It's very slight. More or less as if you were adding and taking away cable slack. Not actually turning if that makes sense.

8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

that makes more sense. thnx

Bruce likes this.
  9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Interesting. I'm glad i have the trans logic setup then... tube doesn't move on downshifts. That would be distracting to me i think, and negate to some degree why i got the auto blip in first place (so i can concentrate 100% on front brake lever pressure) .

10. Shuma-gorath

How is that possible. The linkage is connected from the valves to where the throttle cables connect. If the valves open to blip it will move the throttle cables unless that part was removed or you are using just one cable

11. -Eric-

-Eric- Well-Known Member

The Translogic tricks the TPS input to the ECU for fly by wire for the throttle blips. So it has no influence on the cables.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. Shuma-gorath

Yes so is the r1 that i have, the tb are set up the same.