1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twins Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by ghetto customs, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I hate to read this. I know you guys were talking about running a 600 program next year and I would like to see Kris out there. I took the video like they were just trying to create some excitement, not slamming Kris or anyone else?

jksoft likes this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

That vid was awesome.

You guys could be given a bag of gold and you'd bitch about how heavy it was.

MA took the time to give you some promotion. Oh the travesty.

3. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

It was Niccole poking fun of us. VP of operations , as she is a racer and understands all of our complaints and can actually put herself in racers shoes. She is a bad ass chick! It was funny and folks at the banquet enjoyed it as pun for the class for the year...

It really is a situation that is over and run its course and should be let loose by many other to die...

If you choose to let it live, i actually feel pity for you and your butthurt-ness about which team you chose to side...

4. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I think the reaction on here kind of proves their point?

Like, everyone always picks on the guy who overreacts to everything because, they overreact. People make it too easy for others and too hard on themselves.

The Great One and rcarson15 like this.
  5. ghetto customs

Exact opposite for me and 75% of other that race the class. But yes, an awesome video as I'm sure it took many hours to produce.

MA has done a hell of a job to promote us and the class itself. Excellent job. It's the armchair and non-racers of the class that stomp it in the dirt...

TLR67 and renegade17 like this.
  6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Many have posted, many times, we just don't see the "stomp it in the dirt" thing goin on. Where there discussions about the races AND about the antics of some riders? yes. Most certainly. There were also discussions about other riders, in the other classes too. BUT most of them don't post in this forum, nor much on other social media, so there were just others posting stuff, no discussion back and forth as there was with you, D.Turner, and a few others.
    Looking at the vid as outsiders, I think you can see why most will assume you and Kris would feel negatively about the vid, as you guys are the subject of the humor that was added. But damn guys.. it's a good vid, and i'm having difficulty finding those that aren't racing the class, that didn't like the vid ! And with all due respect, the vid wasn't produced to make you guys feel good, it was to generate interest for the class and MA in general i would assume ?

edit: ok, i am seeing some negative reaction to the vid in a post Kris T made, but (just my personal opinion), i suspect some are consoling him? I still think this is wicked good marketing on MA's part, even if some will find it is taking a bit of a shot at them (the riders) . Can please some of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time :)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  7. ghetto customs

Oh Melka....

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Stupid video........... if you are going to bust somebody's balls that hard, it would be better to know how their sense of humor is before posting it. That kind of video is something your boys make, not someone you are a casual acquaintance with.

DucatiBomber and Steeltoe like this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:
    Edit [I'm gonna leave alone the insider stuff. Don't care enough.]

More importantly I have a pet peeve about motorcycle videos where you can't hear any motorcycles o_O and what's with the giant lyrics covering up the track action? WTF?
    Go look at some of these. https://www.facebook.com/britishsuperbike/videos/

Stork, TLR67 and MELK-MAN like this.
  10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

cup half full ?? .... no ??
    :)

11. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I took it as a little inside fun. The drama in the class added a bit extra that the other classes don't have. I wish they could have included the line about the "rental" umbrella girl at the utah round.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. ghetto customs

Broken record
    Broom, TLDR

Shenanigans likes this.
  13. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Guess it depends on your attitude and how sensitive you are...video was funny. Showed how many Twins riders out of HOW many that busted their ass to get on track all year? All the front runners were highlighted...one way or the other...and given the drama train that went on this year...I'd say it's on point. Drama train is fired back up for the off season....

14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I think motoamerica owns the right to every inch of video from all year and can do what they wish with it.

I watched the video originally and didn't see anything wrong with it. Then when someone sent me a screenshot of Kris t Facebook post, I watched the video again

All I got from it was, if you are that easily butthurt, maybe pick up tennis.

People can find the bad in anything. If you want to take it as negative you can. But you can also be thankful they put your ass on their website.

15. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

FTFY :D

16. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Looked like a dick video to me. Going from hard rock to Taylor Swift while only showing one racer is pretty revealing to me.

G Dawg likes this.
  17. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Oh jeezus! Get the sand outta yer vag! Looked to me like a bit of good-natured ribbing, all in fun. Next year is another year. Harden the f&ck up or go away pouting, it's your choice.

18. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

That video was awesome except for the no engine noise and lyrics plastered over the images, that part was pretty annoying.
    As for the other stuff, well, perhaps we should all act like the person we want others to think we are, especially when in the public eye. Or more simply; if you act like a dick, people who don't know you might think you're a dick. And call you a dick. Or make a video of you being a .... nevermind.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, they splashed the lyrics over all the good stuff. :crackup:

r6boater likes this.
  20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That video is great. It's not as "professional" as one could argue, but at this point in time with the series, it's fresh, different and encompassed what the twins class is about (how people have acted in it).

I'm surprised at the hurt feelings and 'taking my ball and going home' mindset. It kinda feels like another 'woe is me' excuse. Especially after posts on FB from Kris talking proud that people are talking about the twins class because of the drama. Bottom line - you play those kind of games, you win those kind of prizes.

Anyone smart would take what they're doing and start leveraging that into some sponsorship opportunities for next year.