1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assault Weapons Ban Heading to Senate Floor

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Aug 9, 2019.

1. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Why not just fix the lists? (Problems with red flag laws aside.)

That's a rhetorical question: totalitarian movements depend on the criminal underworld for their paramilitary base. So focus is always on disarming law abiding citizens, disarming violent criminals is counterproductive.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The goal is control.

Britt likes this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Boy if that doesn't just nicely paint the Dems as wanting to disarm the right, I don't know what does.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What's the likelihood that if you're on one of these lists you're NOT already a felon? I'd guess pretty low. How about we stop wasting time and money on stupid non-violent crime and let police focus on real shit?

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

"Even the most data-driven practices, such as New Orleans' plan to identify gang members for intervention based on previous arrests and weapons seizures, wind up more personal than most policies floated. The young men at risk can be identified by an algorithm, but they have to be disarmed one by one, personally — not en masse as though they were all interchangeable."

And no Dem would ever allow that to happen because it would mean minorities would be, in large, targeted.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually not as low as you would think. I have a coworker that fails investigations regularly. He has a common name and someone from another state triggers for him. The difference is the system flagging him then goes on to see why and after a painful while corrects (until it reoccurs) something like a no fly list has not accountability they just say no. A red flag law in addition to by passing due process (kind of an important thing :rtfrb:) also protects the false accusers. Nothing better than guilty until proven innocent I say.....oh wait.... red flag :Puke:

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was referring to the Gang Lists. But yes, in general these things are total bullshit and most likely unenforceable. Even if passed, most LE agencies won't attempt to enforce them and after a dozen Ruby Ridge type incidents in the first few weeks, no LE agency will both. Cops aren't the military, they don't have the stomach for the types of losses they'd incur.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Fuck me up stupid

That guy showed up at a place were unarmed students that were exercising their First Amendment right to protest, were shot dead by government agents, to tell the crowd that only government is responsible enough for possession of semi-automatic firearms.

Keep up the good work.

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

What a tool. :crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Resident Plarp

“ ... nobody should show up with one of these weapons to seek to intimidate us in our democracy ... “

Just like every ANG troop that showed with an M1 and fixed bayonet at Kent State.

13. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

The salesman at my favorite local gun shop is named Jesus. I love it, because I get to say I buy guns and ammo from Jesus. My badass M1A? Yep, she came from Jesus.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Can he bless some bullets so they work on
    vampires and zombies?

15. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

Late to the party here, but IIRC we used to have a Chief Firearms Officer in Ontario who quite proudly professed the notion that the very fact that you wanted a gun meant that you were unfit to own one.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Ed Zachary

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Fkn word twisty dickheads

18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

blkduc likes this.
  19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I never realized what a work of fiction gun control was until this last round. After watching the commiecrats give up what was sure legislation on gun control and instead go with impeachment, I knew they are full of shit about protecting people.

20. Resident Plarp

It’s a ploy for votes. One side, we’ll take it all away, the other side - from your cold dead hands. So long as nothing really gets done, each can stir their bases come election time for the votes.