1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, the more R's the better. :crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

True.....but as they say, there's an ass for every seat.

3. WingLeaner

WingLeaner The Medium Labowski

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

That sounds like it will be really expensive to crash.

5. 418

418 Expert #59

7 pages in and the bike is probably going to be equivalent of a wet fart.

Dave250, stk0308, MachineR1 and 4 others like this.
  6. WingLeaner

WingLeaner The Medium Labowski

Let’s be honest, you’ve got to be going fast to crash, so...

track wagon and Wheeliest like this.
  7. shakazulu12

I beg to differ.......

[​IMG]

8. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I’m going to admit....I bought my CBR1000RR just so I could say I have the fastest Honda west of the Mississippi.

I only mount 88 lap Dunlop takeoffs on that bike.

9. shakazulu12

Say his name three times in a mirror. I dare you.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

The motor tuned for low to mid was the reason I bought it...it wasn't a bike night beauty... Honestly if I rode it like a big twin and rode the torque curve on the track it was faster & easier to ride (for me) than "spinnin' 'er up to the where the good stuff happens"... less spinning mass.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I watched a poor soul leave a dealership on a brand new rc51 that did that right out of the gate. I truly felt bad for him and the bike. Luckily it was just a bruised ego for him and no serious injuries

12. That smells like BNG?

WingLeaner and 418 like this.
  13. Those were my thoughts and how I ride them. It’s one of those counter points. Saying to a new person on the track “you don’t need a thousand start with a smaller hp bike, you need to learn on smaller hp and will won’t use a 1000 to its potential for quite a while , etc ” because you don’t need a 1000 for the street but in reality a 600 sucks to ride and the part of the power you use on a 1000 is what’s important. Every r6 I rode on the street was horrible. I don’t want to have to keep a street bike at 7-8k just to get it to move. They just plain suck. I’m still convinced a twin / or v4 is the best for the street. I think an FZ well set up would make a fun street bike. Even taking Pomeroy’s out on the street with slicks that I know can’t get enough heat in them (just test riding to make sure all the new gadgets work) is a lot of fun and enough power to win a race up the mountains to Starbucks if ridden right.

Bloodhound likes this.
  14. Saw the same in 01 with the first gsxr 1000. The guy left while the people were outside at the dealer drooling over it. He went to the first stoplight and did a u turn. Apparently thought he could do a nice wheelie for his new “fans”. He did a pretty sweet one, too bad he forgot the laws of physics applied to everyone in the world and he wasn’t exempt. Looped it, bike shot into oncoming traffic and a pickup truck hit it enough to have it lodgerd under the Middle of the truck.
    Dudes says to guy at dealer “get your technicia, the throttle stick wide open”. Nice try. Best part: he was a giant muscle bound meathead.

Steeltoe likes this.
  15. I couldn't agree more, and have said those exact same words many times.

I think a 600 sucks for the street. Dimensionally, they are damn near identical in size, but a 1000 is so much easier/better to ride on the street. I don't want to have to rev it to the moon and listen to it screaming all the time. On a Liter bike, I can put it in 3rd and be fine at 30mph, or 80mph, and never even having to shift.

Razr, Bloodhound and Senna like this.
  16. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

:stupid: Much less stressful not needing to kick down 2 gears to make a pass, or screaming it down a highway. Or on spirited rides not feeling like I need to wring it's neck or shift 50 million times.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

This is exactly the reason why Harley’s make an awesome street bikes. Low end torque and good midrange grunt.
    Plus chicks dig Harley’s. :Putter: :D

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

For spirited street riding well within my limits, I don’t think I could dream up a better bike than a Super Duke R or a Streetfighter V4.

Gorilla George and track wagon like this.
  19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Hypermotard, the answer is always Hypermotard.

20. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I'm pretty sure the correct answer is "clapped out POSV650." Either that or GSX-S750.

Kyle Brosius and 2blueYam like this.