1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

what's the other one?

2. Very good point.

3. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Why is it going to sell at a premium? It's not like they are going to be limited production.

tl1098 and track wagon like this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's a tough problem to have in a market place that has been trained that new means current model year. In the eyes most of the buying public this isn't a new bike. While that is not technically true, as the bike has not been titled so it is still technically new, buying it means it needs to be had at a price point around what a 2017 is selling for on the used market. If you can't walk in a pay cash you are also asking someone to carry the financing on a "New" bike that is 2 almost 3 models years old. That may be a tough ask. I don't envy the shops that have these sitting on the floor but every day they sit on them isn't going to make them easier to sell.

Gorilla George and ducnut like this.
  5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

At just a tick over 88,500 miles on my 06 F4i. Bought it new in 07 while working as a service writer at the dealer. Sales guys were like "whaaaaaaat? we can sell you this sweet 06 600RR for the same price. Hell, we'll even sell you a new gen 07 600RR for a $100 more". Yeah F all that. Gimmie that banana goodness. Best choice ever.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep I remember LOL

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

And yet they still have hundreds left over. :confused:

8. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

How is there no spy shots of this new RRRRRR when it's set to debut next month?

9. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Check out Japan's Young Machine. I'm sure there's a rendering at the cover. :D

10. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wouldn't move more than a tiny handful of units with the 15 limit.

12. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

maybe it will come with a more aggressive McGuinness blip feature.

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

BMW offered something close to this back in 2015 or so. Needed 8 finishers and paid back to 10th, if I recall correctly. They gave a great deal on the bike too, with race parts it was like $6700 off list price but you had to apply for it. I’m not sure how’s many they actually sold though. I thought seriously about it but couldn’t handle the idea of financing a race bike. It was a good thing too as many races didn’t meet the minimum grid sizes that year.

G2G likes this.
  14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I remember seeing him with a couple bikes at Nashville and was like “why is he riding a Honda?” The answer was because he could win on it.

I thought it was $50K. I was off too, as it was $35k:
    https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2010/10/17/2010wera-brian-stokes-wins-honda-cash/

WingLeaner likes this.
  15. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Mine ('06) was. Great powerband right off idle to a strong mid but fell a little flat up top. Handled well enough and super stable.

16. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

My 2015 CBR1k is excellent as far as street manners go. Low end is great, mid range is fine, hopefully top end will be better once I fix the timing and fuel up in the power band lol. But I don't find anything power wise lacking for street riding.
    Besides, its smoooooooooth. Handles great. The 08-11's were ugly AF. That front of the side fairings was so strait, like an old cbr1000F hurricane. New ones are much better looking at least.

17. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

WSBK looks to be "street riding them" on the track too.

Knotcher likes this.
  18. For a street bike they have plenty of power. A bit more grunt is nice when the group of awesomeness leaves bike night and you all roll onto the freeway :) kidding aside about 1 in 20 times I ride a street bike i wish it had more top end. On the other hand you won’t see me ride a 600 on the street bike choice. Absolutely useless things on the street. I rode an 08 cbr 1000. Think this was in 10 or something when they were giving away the 08’s. It just had basic bolt ons, swapped out springs and loosely set up stock suspension good tires and a good dyno time and 1 tooth down in the front. That was one of the best behaved and easy to ride sport bikes. Plus it actually got me pretty good. I kick myself for not buying it off him when he moved overseas.

19. “For highway use only, a long ass straight highway”

Wheeliest likes this.
  20. Because with that many R’s it has to be good.