1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

I know neither Wood or Farrell would change bikes. So any races these two are at, the ones on Hondas aren’t going to win any races. I’m sure there are other local fast guys around the country that wouldn’t switch either. I just don't think racing has the impact towards sales as it once did and if so, it’s significantly smaller - Way smaller.

2. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Uribe seems to do well in AFM with the cbr

The Great One likes this.
  3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't know if that makes it a major series. I think the same can be said for the WERA national series and as noted, Jayson Uribe has done well with the CBR at AFM Still not a major series.
    BTW I am not a hater of Aus Superbike, as I have been watching it and it is really good racing.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

turbulence and ducnut like this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Not cheap enough for a not in demand 2 year old bike.

418 likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

A half price brand new cbr1000rr????? Put me down for one:D

jd41 likes this.
  7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Mine was awesome. Ended up buying one of the Corona Honda bikes after that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bloodhound likes this.
  8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Is the 2020 CBR1000RR SPS R fappening yet?

9. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had bought my '08 in the spring of' 09, brand new, for $7500. I sold it 6 years and 12k miles later for $7500. It was a great bike but the plastics were a nightmare.

10. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Down under what?

11. Remember when they did something like that before?

One year (2008 or 2009), Honda offered a $25k bonus to the rider who won the WERA Superbike series, on a CBR1000RR. I saw more Honda's on grids that year, than most other years combined.

IIRC, Stokes won the $25k.

12. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Wow really?? 6900 bucks? I’d have been all over that too and I’m a Yamaha guy. Gotta admit the cbr is a awesome bike for the street. Was she a oil burner??

13. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I just read they are saying the new RR will be the most powerful inline 4 1000 on the market beating the bmw. Well let’s see this thing.

14. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

Two friends and I all bought one, Got mine for 7400 out the door, never burned a drop of oil, sold it two years later for 6800.00.
    Great bike, did everything well just was bored with the inline, and it was kinda ugly.

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

We don't have sales tax in Oregon, so I think that's why the OTD is lower compared to everyone else that was in the mid 7k range. I did around 3,000 track only miles on that bike and never had any issues. Then sold it for what I paid for it when the opportunity arose to buy a built one. As someone else mentioned, taking the OEM plastics on and off was a bitch, but solved with race plastics.

16. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

2 of those already exist

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. Not really but $10K for a damn good street bike isn't bad. I still think Honda's are close to the top when it comes to well behaved street bikes.

WingLeaner and ducnut like this.
  18. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Dealer here in Vegas is selling brand new 17 for 11K.

WingLeaner likes this.
  19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The 929/F4i were the best of them, IMO.

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Too many of them sitting around. Something that isn't selling for the current asking price is still priced too high.

cav115, pscook and Gorilla George like this.