1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceramic bearings

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by tz250racer, Sep 15, 2019.

1. tz250racer

tz250racer Active Member

Curious if anybody has used these on a 2-stroke GP bike?
    Wheels, cranks, trans.

I know they are a little more expensive than the OEMs, aside from that how did it go?

Thanks

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

they work great on the diesels... hopefully your 2T bike doesnt have oddball bearing sizes.

RRP likes this.
  3. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Big in shifter karts. CR125 Hondas.

4. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Are you talking Hybrid Ceramics like World Wide Bearings sales? Or full ceramics? I don't know anybody running full ceramics, but I know a few people running ceramic hybrids in both wheels and complete engines, and gearboxes with great results. I want to say the quote I got to do my RZ motor and gear box with hybrid ceramics was $675 , it included 4 crank , 2 trans , 1 water pump Bearing and a single Ceramic Ball for your clutch pusher.

Sweatypants likes this.
  5. tz250racer

tz250racer Active Member

Thanks all for your replies, good to know people are using them without catastrophic failures! Particularly ones inside the motor.

90kacoupe likes this.
  6. 90kacoupe

To my understanding. A failure inside the motor is pretty unlikely with the hybrid bearings. It has steel races and ceramic balls. This combination is supposedly pretty reliable. And inside a motor shouldn't see any sharp impacts which is what would cause the common failure mode for ceramic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. 90kacoupe

To my understanding. A failure inside the motor is pretty unlikely with the hybrid bearings. It has steel races and ceramic balls. This combination is supposedly pretty reliable. And inside a motor shouldn't see any sharp impacts which is what would cause the common failure mode for ceramic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

I have them on my bst wheels.. they were like 200 more so i figured what the hell

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

same.

i've had some on a bicycle previously as well. wheels and crank. they were noticeable.

10. Brooklyn67

Brooklyn67 Well-Known Member

I used the full kit of these bearings in my RS125 engine/trans for multiple seasons (bought from Dave at WWB). I never had a failure and they're good for about 1-1.5hp. Many years ago I used the full ceramic bearings and had a crank bearing failure -- it was very, very ugly. Happened 2x in one season...