1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Dyno comparison (new Gixxer)

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Feb 16, 2017.

1. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Very good question....

But think about what you could do with that tied into GPS/IMU sensor.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What's wrong with the mechanical version they came up with for the new GSX-R? That was genius.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The way I read it the current version came about as a way to game the rules in MotoGP. It works but maybe they want something electronically controlled rather than purely mechanical.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes, but aren't those same rules in WSBK and MA? Speaking of, I wonder what BMW is doing about their variable valve timing on the S1000RR.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

For those that found amusement in the videos from the series, Brock finally ran the 2017 bike he's been sorting out for drag racing for a shakedown.

Cliffs notes
    It made 199hp (down from 204 previously) on MR12 when he tuned it the day of
    Ran it with a 200+ lb rider on it
    Did a best run of 9.19 @ 156mph

Gearing needs to be improved, and the bike run with a jockey to see what it can really do.

For comparison, this is what he did with the old S1000RR. I believe on the Beemer it also had a longer swingarm, BST wheels and improved suspension. The Gixxer he initially wants to keep it as close to a ridable street bike as possible.

http://forums2.13x.com/index.php?threads/brocks-performance-bmw-s1000rr-numbers.254157/

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Another championship for the old BNG. BSB Superstock 2019 :D:bow::beer:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ra.Ge. Raptor, shakazulu12 and motion like this.
  7. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I can't believe you made such a mistake! That's Ray on his bike.
    Here's Cooper
    IMG_20190909_132006.jpg

Steeltoe, Bruce and Gorilla George like this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

amazing how much trap speed a basic setup bike is carrying.

9. Purely electronic means purely tunable. Mechanical is mechanical and has its limitations, electronic is a lot more tuner friendly with a lot wider range and variables you can tune.

10. I think Cooper has the same birthday as Duhamel. No idea how old he seems to have been around forever but can still ride. Ray is getting some confidence back albeit way too late in the season.

Steeltoe likes this.
  11. Apparently not s lot is working, that things a dog in all series.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nice save!:beer:

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

New beauty in the mix for EWC 2019/2020 :clap:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

no rear caliper.... interesting weight savings there. gotta put that in my notes for my build.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I liked it better before. It was different than any other GSX-R.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Gonna be tough with an all new team.

17. I wonder why that is. By all accounts it is awesome. It makes more power, is lighter, and changes directions better than any of the previous BMWs.

But then again, how many of them are running a new BMW in a good SSTK effort? I don't count WSBK, they are too far gone to be relative to anything we ride. And in MA Gagne is riding the older model.

I wish WSTK was around, that would paint a better picture.

bbsteinnewyork likes this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

418 and prospected like this.
  19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

20. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Brock is absolutely right about Jeremy Teasley being the Rossi of production based drag racing motorcycles. Was lucky enough to see the race that he pretty much retired Gadson on in person.