1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 13 | Misano | Italy | Sep 13-15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 10, 2019.

1. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

The one tire supplier rule sucks

Knotcher and Phl218 like this.
  2. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

On the MotoGP website, you can watch the last lap with onboard from MM and FQ with telemetry. MM stayed on the gas with no brake, but who knows. :confused:

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think Q just timed the outside/inside move a bit wrong and had to check up and lose drive.

aaronson and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Possibly. In the race I saw Marquez got a better drive, some slipstream and braked just a tiny bit later going in to 1.
    This is Marc Marquez we are talking about. If he had that kind of extra power do you really think he would have waited until the last lap? :crackup:

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah it does. The thing I hate most about it is the forced technical and stylistic convergence. It doesn’t really leave much room for innovation, other than the aero nonsense. I don’t believe it’s in the spirit of GP.

I think they could use a hybrid of the current ruleset to reduce the worst effects of the tire wars. The main problem was unequal access to rubber entrenching already rich and powerful teams and riders. I think the single tire rules does that more opaquely by allowing the most resourced teams to optimize their package to the spec tires.

Require that tire manufacturers supply a minimum number of bikes, and let Dorna handle random distribution amongst their customers. Not sure of what the economic effects would be on the weaker teams, but we’d see much greater technical variation and innovative strategy without the problems of lower tier riders getting cast off tires.

It’d be interesting to see the single tire rule expire at the end of Michelin’s contract, rather than undertake a formula change to the bikes.

vizsladog likes this.
  6. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

You think that would make Marquez lose less? Dorna worships at his altar and have proven they will bend the rules for him. Plus he's faster than anyone else, dammit.

7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

That's an interesting thought. I think it's hard to say there is forced technical convergence when all of the race winning bikes require drastically different styles to extract maximum performance.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Why isn't anyone talking about MM parking his bike in the corner and screwing up Quarteroo's drive? Seems pretty dirty to me.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Because it wasn't dirty.

crashman likes this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Apparently at least not by beeb standards :D

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Did you see the Moto2 last lap? :D

HPPT, cpettit, Ra.Ge. Raptor and 2 others like this.
  12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Well-played.

13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Dovi just did the same thing a few races ago...

jksoft likes this.
  14. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

The Great One, motion and motoboy like this.
  15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Aleix is good people.

BigBird and The Great One like this.
  16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

MM did park it, expecting Q to go for the inside pass. If Q had opted for the more risky outside he would have blown MM's doors off. Only thing I didn't like was MM's move was a very high risk move and almost crashed Q. If this was qualifying they certainly would have penalized MM 6 positions. :D

BigBird likes this.
  17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Good point haha.... to be fair, I'm not in any way saying MM has a cheater motor, you guys read a lot into things. Colin Edwards says it seemed 'fishy' and I asked if anyone else heard it...

And yes from the over head view he motored by with virtually no effort. Regardless of HP, or drive, or preserving the tires, etc .... he just blitzed him on the straight so easily, 2x on the last lap.

18. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

It looked like Marquez had Quatararo covered just about anywhere he wanted. Each time FQ started to gap MM a bit, Marquez would reel him back in within a lap, he seemed to be studying the rookie and conserving tires.

At one point FQ pulled a bit of a gap and Maverick Vinales closed the gap to MM a few bike lengths. MM93 picked up the pace to regain the gap to MV12 and was back on FQ’s tail within half a lap.

It honestly looked like the result for the win was never really in doubt.

The Great One, Slider82, HPPT and 4 others like this.
  19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Ok BigBird. Where’s our Aragon thread?

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

2nd page...

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.